This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't Install Three Windows Updates - KB943302, KB943899, KB929735

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Running Vista Business 64bit My computer: MSI K9N SLI nVidia 8600GTS 256mb AMD 6000+ ~3.0ghz 3 GB of RAM (bad RAM stick brought it to 3) As the topic suggests, when I attempt to install these updates, all 3 - for my OS: Windows Vista 64bit Business, both manually (from Microsoft.com, as in downloading the single "package") or through Windows Update they fail with Error Code: 8E5E03FA … No other information is given. I believe these 3 updates are hindering me from installing Vista SP 1. I've tried the standalone installer and received errors about needing certain updates to complete the install, is this the issue? Or do I have the prerequisites, but am dealing with a different issue. Thanks for the help.
I reformatted today, you can close the thread, reformatting vista is a breeze over XP, yay Microsoft got something right! SP1 of course installed on a brand new installation with no hitches.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI