Software
Vista update keeps failing
1 min read
AnthonySzum
Topic Starter
Hello,
My computer keeps telling me I have and important update for windows Vista but it keeps failing. The last time this particular update succeeded was December 2009. It;s bothering me this is not updating. I tried downloading it manually but that doesn't work. The download is KB970430 and the Error Found is code 80070020. Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks
Ztruker
One possible fix here by Wilson Jia
Many other possible fixes found via a Google Search for vista KB970430 80070020
You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825
After you perform above troubleshooting steps, please follow the steps below:
1. Delete the KB970430 package contents from the systermroot%\servicing\packages folder on your system.
2. Run Windows Update and allow KB970430 to install.
Many other possible fixes found via a Google Search for vista KB970430 80070020
AnthonySzum
I followed those directions from the Microsoft website before posting here with no success. I searched those codes and errors in Google and they pretty much bring me to the same website that does not help.
Anyone else?
Ztruker
Here is another that may fix the problem: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi…26212829AAQYJ4b
AnthonySzum
Followed that as well. Nothing seems to work. I wish I had a windows cd to run diognostics.
terry1966
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI