This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Bit Defender Vs AVG

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I am finalizing between buying Bit Defender and AVG real time AV and Internet Security. :pullhair: Can anyone tell me which one is a better option. I read reviews that Bit Defender is a little much better than AVG. :smack: Any help is great help. Thanks, Wise_Donkey :thumbup:
Hey Wise_Donkey

Have a look at this post. I'm linking to two different sites conducting tests on AV products.

Link

Both BitDefender and AVG shows similar test-results.

Also have in mind, that AVG 8.0 have just been released, and to my knowledge, haven't been tested for public eyes yet.

Regards Abydos
Thanks for the info. However my real goal is to have a strong Anti-Spam filter which comes as a part of the Internet Security. Sorry, I didn't make this clear the last time. Trend Micro has been giving me a hard time. Which Anti-Spam filter do you to think is worth?? Thanks a zillion
hehe, I'll have to sit that one out. Never have had the need for a spamfilter, and have no real knowledge regarding it. I've always been using web-mail mostly. My own mail is something for family and close friends. And my ISP have a most efficient spam-filter, so I don't need one. Most spams occurs when a "error 40" is involved (that is the brain sitting 40cm from the screen :rofl: ). So only really good advice I can give, is being careful where you lay your email address. And make use of webmails. So for any advice about spamfilters, you'll have to wait for someone who knows a wee bit more about it :blush: Regards Abydos
Hello Wise,

In general, WTT does not advocate "paid products", but in the event that you need to seriously address the issue of SPAM, the following resource is about as good as it gets, and for only $9.95:
https://windowssecrets.com/spamproof/buy.php
This resource is not an "automated tool", but is a serious study of SPAM and methods to make yourself invisible to spammers.
It's not for the timid, or for those seeking a quick fix, but is a good read for the serious user or administrator who needs to manage the problem.

I've used several free email filter products with varying success.
Here's a good (free) study resource: (again, the more your learn and work on perfecting your system the better your protection becomes) http://email.about.com/od/spamfightingtips…r_tips.-05j.htm
And another favorite author/resource Marc Lyron, posts about his favorite free automated tool, here:
http://www.updatexp.com/spam_filter_for_outlook_express.html

And here's a recent article about the legal issues/efforts that really don't seem to be working well at all:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,143944/a…ml?tk=nl_spxnws