This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

AVAST

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Windows Defender (windows 8), doesn't seem to protect my computer. Is Avast a good one to install? I didn't like avg and had lots of problems uninstalling it. If Avast is good, could you send me a link to a safe site to download it. Thanks.
ok, nevermind the above - just got a notice that avast was done! That was weird! I have no warnings. By the way, it installed chrome which I don't want. It did it automatically, didn't give me the option. Should I just uninstall through the control panel or revo?
Hi PattiChati, You should have been presented with a checkbox on one of the installation screens giving you the option not to install Chrome by unchecking the box. There have been cases reported were this hasn't been the case though. Simply uninstall Chrome via the control Panel.
Yeah, I have been very religious on what i download now and there was no way to opt out of chrome and i didn't want to stop the installation. Thanks, I will uninstall now.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI