Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Firefox & IE cannot find modem, AOL can

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BSB

BSB

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:49 AM

I have broadband connection running via a 'Neuf' box. The modem is fully functional as is the dsl line. I can read my e-mails and connect ot the web using AOL 9.1 (English) version. Recently, I lost the ability to 'see' the modem with either Firefox (2.0.0.12) or IE6. I have Bitdefender internet Security 2008 installed. Turning off the firewall has no effect. The problem rests on this PC as an older PC, running Firefox 1.5, functions normally. I suspect that AOL 9.1 has introduced some sort of block but not at the time of initial installation as , for a while, all three browsers worked. Where to look ?

Attached Files

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:33 AM

Hi BSB, sorry to hear of the problems with your machine. I see you have posted the same sort of question over in the malware removal forum. It would be wise therefore for us to wait until your machine's HJT log has been analysed, by a trained malware fighter. If "undesirable elements" are found, detailed and specific advice and instructions will be provided by him/her. Once your machine has been declared clean, feel free please to post back here in this thread if you are still having issues with your computer and we will do our best to help. Often the number of folks who are in trouble and need help with checking and cleaning their machine exceed the number of volunteer experts available so if you can, try and be patient in waiting for a response, (although I know this can be tough when you suspect your machine is infected.) Please be assured that they will get to your post as soon as they can. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate