This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE - 1 Site only is "blocked"

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

OK, I have this wierd problem that I'd like some guidance on.

W98SE - all patched. Uses AOL v8. Analog modem. Only one single site (Medco.com) is being blocked by something when we feed it username/password to log into the person's account. IE comes back with "Cannot find server or DNS error". All other "secure" sites (logins/passwords) work just fine. I've cleaned, checked and double checked everything - all IE settings/firewalls/AV software are fine. I've been at this for over 3 weeks. AOL - no help at all - reformat was their final answer. Reviewed the uSoft KBs. The HJT log has been checked by an expert who finds no nasties.

What I'd like to do is to be able to "log" the events and activities that IE performs from the point that the login button is depressed to the point that the Server/DNS error occurs. Traceroute helps some but the problem doesn't appear to be in the TCP/IP routing, it's somewhere internal in the machine, I think. I can see several events occurring down in the left hand corner status bar as IE does its thing but they whip by so fast I can't read them.

Anyone know of a utility out here that will log IE internal activity? If I could see and review an activity log, I might be able to deduce what the heck's wrong.
Wow - great referral!! I think TDIMon is what I need to use because I think in order to look at this problem, I have to see what activities IE is doing, not necessarily what's happening to the filesystem or the registry. Something's blocking that one site insie IE and we just have to find out what is. But I did find TDIMon, which seems to be the "it" I was looking for. I hope I can find out what's bugging this computer 'cause it's bugging the heck out of me. Thank you, very very much!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI