This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Web browsers cannot see modem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recently I lost the ability to communicate with the web using either Firefox (my normal broser) or IE. Neither can see the modem. I have Bit Defender installed but this would not appear to be the problem as turning off the firewall has no effect. I also have AOL 9.1 installed which works for both e-mails and internet. The PC also is slow and, during the course of the day usually runs out of virtual memory, even when not in active use (I normally have Open Office, Firefox and Paradox open all the time). I attach the HJT startup and scan logs. I am running Windows XP Professional SP2 on a Dell Opti and have a 3mb broadband connection.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI