This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with windows vista

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

When I open my computer and I go to for example the C drive. when the viewing is set to big icons, then the pictures are gone. all of them. but if I change it to small icons or list, then all are there again. also if I go back to big pictures. I hope you understand what I mean.

Any idea?

-Acer aspire 5610Z laptop, 2GB ram, T2080 @ dual 1.73GHZ
-Windows vista home premium
-Recent changes have been removing virtumonde spyware see link http://forums.whatthetech.com/Virtumonde_m…nk_t89713.html)
-No error message recieved.


Thank you for any help!
If it were my machine, I would uninstall the following:

Live one-care <– doesn't always play nice in the same sandbox when other antivirus and antispyware and software firewalls are installed.
utorrent.exe <– another P2P item that your are urged to uninstall due to it being a risky vector, but still your choice.
hitman.exe <– I haven't seen or used Hitman for quite some time. Initially, there was a certain amount of squabble about Hitman attempting to bundle other proprietary antispyware utilities for its own use. I don't know how that issue was resolved but I'm guessing that it was not favorable for Hitman. In general, I have not encountered users who have benefited from Hitman but have encountered folks who have had problems related to installing and running it. I'd uninstall it if it was my machine.

I doubt if any of the above even remotely relate to your initial problem, and are only offered as general recommendations.

I'm hoping that you are able to find a tweak via TWEAKUI to reach your configuration goal.
Unhappily it may be a configuration option built into Vista, in which case it may be annoying, but not technically a malfunctioning problem.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI