hi,
I have an acer 5738z which had vista but I was given a windows 7 upgrade by acer.
I have kaspersky 2010 runnibg but still mananged to get a carp** malware on my lappy tho it is now all clean.
after the malware issue was resolved the desktop background disappeared and I am left with a black screen displaying icons. I have tried doing t.he usual stuff to set a picture as background but it doesnt happen and the screen remains black.
Also……..in my picture files etc some pics are showing icons and others are not. I have either a black or sqare or a blank space where the pic icon should be. if I click on it however it will open and display the pic on screen.
I have no restore points prior to the problems starting and I have no idea how to resolve this issue
Hope someone here can help. Thanks in advance
Wendywoo
See if htis helps: No desktop background image!. If not, right click on your Desktop and select Personalize. Click on Desktop Background (Slide Show). Check the settings there.
I have tried going into the desktop images etc but it doesn't work.
The remove background images box isnt ticked either.
None of the desktop images are displayed its just rows of blank squares. Really at a loss here :-(
have wondered if I need to reinstall windows 7 update?
hi,
I ran system file checker this morning and it says no integrity violations were found. I am assuming that means the problem doesnt lie with a corrupted file lol
Apart from the info I have already given I can only add that when this problem first showed itself it was straight after booting up. The lappy had been running great as normal the night before so I am really puzzled.
Thanks loads for your help so far :-)
Wendywoo
Thanks for that :-)
I am not at home right now so dont have the windows 7 upgrade discs with me. I will however do this on friday & let u know how I get on.
I really do appreciate your help…………….. Thanks again
Wendywoo
Hi,
Finally got round to doing the windows repair install this morning WHOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! I have all my pictures back and everything so far seems to be working well.
Many thanks for your help and patience…………….. It's much appreciated :-)))))
Wendywoo