This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Conflict: Software/Hardware, or something failing

16 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I could draw some analogies between empire states and windows installs w/ colony programs running the core lean and mean or bloated with crapware
Hi Chewy,

I spent most of my working life in Engineering and Export, either travelling, or living away from home.
In those days, the computer was initially in a seperate building!
Latterly, they were the ubiquitous beige boxes on the desks of Secretaries, or accountants.
Only in the last couple of years before I retired did I have the fleeting experience of using that wonderful, no, magical tool "Autocad"
I was completely in awe of it's capabilities!!

If I could re-live my working life in the late 90's onward, How different it would have been!

Just the ability to communicate with family so easily and cheaply, would alone have made life away more bearable.
Oh! dear!, perhaps not so good, I might still have been married! lol

No, the time for using them as tools, has for me, sadly passed!
I'm just happy to have my little pal here to play with, and entertain me.

Until this episode, I was growing in confidence, and felt that I was perhaps capable of learning the Noble Art of the Malware Fighter!
Yeah! dream on!!

six-h
I do a lot of video work, when my old computer starts a conversion or reencode the cpu runs 100% in normal or low priority mode for an hour or more, there's no room for toys in any form or another. Everything must be working at it's best. Most walk away from their computers, mine does fine when I check my forum threads. That's my definition of fun.
I've always been a bit disappointed by the quality of the finished DVD's that I've captured from my PVR.
Mind you, I only have the bundled "Cyberlink Power Producer", and Windows "Movie maker" and I suppose that my Graphics card isn't up to much.
However I can only liken the quality of the finished article as being "almost as good" as the Bootleg VHS tapes I used to watch in Dubai!
Acceptable only in the loosest sense!
I would like to be able to produce something a bit better than a reasonable quality VHS recording, if you know what I mean!!

six-h

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI