KnightAtttack
Topic Starter
Hi. I was directed here by a friend, who thought that you guys may be able to help me.
I'm having massive amounts of trouble with my new(er) HP Laptop.
Everything had been going fine until Sunday. Then all hell broke loose.
I had recently re-installed Beyond Good & Evil (legit copy) and had been playing it, although my laptop had been suffering some slow downs.
I realized that on my previous laptop, (also, when I had a copy of Kapersky anti-virus on my laptop), it picked up a…I believe it called it a Trojan virus….anyways, I always hit denied (because it said it was from Ubisoft, and i never had any problems on that laptop), so I figured I disable my virus scanner on this laptop (which was Nod32, with the nice Fix Scanner 1.7[?]).
Anyways, after I finished playing it, I rebooted my laptop, to re-activate Nod32.
Since then, i have had NOTHING but problems. As soon as my computer started, MSN Messenger started. It froze. And froze my entire computer. I first uninstalled BG&E, thinking that was the problem.
Nope. When I restarted again, MSN froze, once again. So I decided to uninstall MSN.
On the next boot up, it ran, until I nod32 started freezing. So I uninstalled Nod32 and the fix. I then tried to proceed to open Firefox, which got to my homepage, but as soon as a clicked on a favorite, it froze again.
I once again, rebooted, and tried reinstalling nod32…but shortly after installation and "patching", I rebooted, and nod32 came up saying that my virus definitions were out of date. Okay, but on trying to update them, It said that my virus definitions were up-to-date. This message has not left.
I since have no longer been able to do ANYTHING on standard mode. It is quite odd, since when I was able, my cpu usage seemed to run only between 0 - 30%, despite my laptop freezing all the time.
However, when I am running in safe mode, my computer seems to be running fine. However, because of someone using my computer when I was running an online virus scanner, I think they may have really screwed up bad.
I ran Trend Micro Housecall, and my friend click on "clean now". Not cool, because it decided to "clean" a lot of my…fixes for programs.
I using System Restore, but it did nothing to to help me. It reinstalled MSN Messenger, but it did so while missing a file.
Regardless, on my last attempt on running in standard mode, I noticed that nod32 was sucking up more then 50% of my cpu usage.
Now it seems, then I am unable to uninstall MSN or Nod32 because they both seem to be missing files.
_________________
since this time, I ran HijackThis twice, once in Safe Mode, Once in Regular Mode, before my laptop froze in standard mode. I was able to get it saved.
(For this reason, I am posting the code in codebox's)
________________________________
Anyways, I'm at the point where I'm feeling that the only way to fix this problem is a complete restore back to the way how my laptop was after I bought it.
Any help would be great. Thanks.
So I thought I'd give a suedo-update.
When I turned on my PC this morning, it went into Standard Mode, and I thought it would be interesting to see if I could do anything.
Unfortunately, it seems things are going from bad to worse.
I have now lost all of my Bookmarks/Saves in Firefox (this may or may not be a problem, I've had similar problems with Firefox on our old desktop, running windows 2000 Professional, everything just…was gone in an instant.
Firefox then proceeded to go into a "Not Responding Mode", which miraculously, I was able to close. After that however, I was unable to open any other program, ie: Firefox, IE, or even Windows Defender.
I'm having massive amounts of trouble with my new(er) HP Laptop.
Everything had been going fine until Sunday. Then all hell broke loose.
I had recently re-installed Beyond Good & Evil (legit copy) and had been playing it, although my laptop had been suffering some slow downs.
I realized that on my previous laptop, (also, when I had a copy of Kapersky anti-virus on my laptop), it picked up a…I believe it called it a Trojan virus….anyways, I always hit denied (because it said it was from Ubisoft, and i never had any problems on that laptop), so I figured I disable my virus scanner on this laptop (which was Nod32, with the nice Fix Scanner 1.7[?]).
Anyways, after I finished playing it, I rebooted my laptop, to re-activate Nod32.
Since then, i have had NOTHING but problems. As soon as my computer started, MSN Messenger started. It froze. And froze my entire computer. I first uninstalled BG&E, thinking that was the problem.
Nope. When I restarted again, MSN froze, once again. So I decided to uninstall MSN.
On the next boot up, it ran, until I nod32 started freezing. So I uninstalled Nod32 and the fix. I then tried to proceed to open Firefox, which got to my homepage, but as soon as a clicked on a favorite, it froze again.
I once again, rebooted, and tried reinstalling nod32…but shortly after installation and "patching", I rebooted, and nod32 came up saying that my virus definitions were out of date. Okay, but on trying to update them, It said that my virus definitions were up-to-date. This message has not left.
I since have no longer been able to do ANYTHING on standard mode. It is quite odd, since when I was able, my cpu usage seemed to run only between 0 - 30%, despite my laptop freezing all the time.
However, when I am running in safe mode, my computer seems to be running fine. However, because of someone using my computer when I was running an online virus scanner, I think they may have really screwed up bad.
I ran Trend Micro Housecall, and my friend click on "clean now". Not cool, because it decided to "clean" a lot of my…fixes for programs.
I using System Restore, but it did nothing to to help me. It reinstalled MSN Messenger, but it did so while missing a file.
Regardless, on my last attempt on running in standard mode, I noticed that nod32 was sucking up more then 50% of my cpu usage.
Now it seems, then I am unable to uninstall MSN or Nod32 because they both seem to be missing files.
_________________
since this time, I ran HijackThis twice, once in Safe Mode, Once in Regular Mode, before my laptop froze in standard mode. I was able to get it saved.
(For this reason, I am posting the code in codebox's)
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:34:06 PM, on 22/01/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16575)
Boot mode: Safe mode with network support
Running processes:
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Received Files\HiJackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [url="http://runonce.msn.com/?v=msgrv75"]http://runonce.msn.com/?v=msgrv75[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = [url="http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_CA&c=71&bd=Pavilion&pf=laptop"]http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a;…n&pf=laptop[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [url="http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_CA&c=71&bd=Pavilion&pf=laptop"]http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a;…n&pf=laptop[/url]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QPService] "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QlbCtrl] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WAWifiMessage] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NBKeyScan] "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: Pirates of the Caribbean_ At World's End Registration.lnk = C:\Program Files\Disney Interactive Studios\Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End\eReg\DSN1.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AdobeCollabSync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Connections.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP Connections\6811507\Program\HP Connections.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ZDWLan Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\ZyDAS Technology Corporation\ZyDAS_802.11g_Utility\ZDWlan.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {D1E7CBDA-E60E-4970-A01C-37301EF7BF98} (Measurement Services Client v.3.12) - [url="http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/global/msc3121.cab"]http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/global/msc3121.cab[/url]
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O23 - Service: AddFiltr - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\AddFiltr.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: CyberLink Background Capture Service (CBCS) (CLCapSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLCapSvc.exe
O23 - Service: CyberLink Task Scheduler (CTS) (CLSched) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLSched.exe
O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Windows Live Setup Service (WLSetupSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer\WLSetupSvc.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe
–
End of file - 8148 bytes
________________________________
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:53:48 PM, on 22/01/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16575)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCTRL.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\HP Connections\6811507\Program\HP Connections.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\ZyDAS Technology Corporation\ZyDAS_802.11g_Utility\ZDWlan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\Windows\system32\MsiExec.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Received Files\HiJackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [url="http://runonce.msn.com/?v=msgrv75"]http://runonce.msn.com/?v=msgrv75[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = [url="http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_CA&c=71&bd=Pavilion&pf=laptop"]http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a;…n&pf=laptop[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [url="http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_CA&c=71&bd=Pavilion&pf=laptop"]http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a;…n&pf=laptop[/url]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QPService] "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QlbCtrl] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WAWifiMessage] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NBKeyScan] "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: Pirates of the Caribbean_ At World's End Registration.lnk = C:\Program Files\Disney Interactive Studios\Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End\eReg\DSN1.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AdobeCollabSync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Connections.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP Connections\6811507\Program\HP Connections.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ZDWLan Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\ZyDAS Technology Corporation\ZyDAS_802.11g_Utility\ZDWlan.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {D1E7CBDA-E60E-4970-A01C-37301EF7BF98} (Measurement Services Client v.3.12) - [url="http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/global/msc3121.cab"]http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/global/msc3121.cab[/url]
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O23 - Service: AddFiltr - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\AddFiltr.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: CyberLink Background Capture Service (CBCS) (CLCapSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLCapSvc.exe
O23 - Service: CyberLink Task Scheduler (CTS) (CLSched) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLSched.exe
O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Windows Live Setup Service (WLSetupSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer\WLSetupSvc.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe
–
End of file - 9336 bytes
Anyways, I'm at the point where I'm feeling that the only way to fix this problem is a complete restore back to the way how my laptop was after I bought it.
Any help would be great. Thanks.
So I thought I'd give a suedo-update.
When I turned on my PC this morning, it went into Standard Mode, and I thought it would be interesting to see if I could do anything.
Unfortunately, it seems things are going from bad to worse.
I have now lost all of my Bookmarks/Saves in Firefox (this may or may not be a problem, I've had similar problems with Firefox on our old desktop, running windows 2000 Professional, everything just…was gone in an instant.
Firefox then proceeded to go into a "Not Responding Mode", which miraculously, I was able to close. After that however, I was unable to open any other program, ie: Firefox, IE, or even Windows Defender.