Hello everyone! My name is Jessyca, and usually I'm pretty computer savvy. My fiance on the other hand, it not. Don't get me wrong, he's great with hardware stuff, but when it comes to maintenance… He's been complaining for a few days that his laptop has been freezing, and lagging, and all sorts of things, but didn't want me to mess with it (I don't know why…) Well today my laptop's AC adapter finally gave out on me, so until I can afford a new one, guess whose computer I'm using… That's right, my fience's. I've never seen anything this bad! I asked his when the last time he did some clean-up stuff (clear history, defrag, the basics), and his response? Never! So now I'm just hoping that there are no virus's, that it's all just spyware and adware, and things I know how to get rid of. So I hope I don't have too many questions, but if I do, I apologize in advance.
Hi jfinner1 and welcome to WTT forums
Lets hope you can get your fiance's machine up and running sweet and fast, from what you say it sure will make a big difference.
If you need any information or assistance just ask…….there are some very knowledgeable and experienced folks here, who will usually chip in with some sound advice and good suggestions.
For general info on speeding up a machine and "housekeeping" issues then Miekiemoes has given her expert views and it's well worth considering her advice most carefully….see here for a link: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Help_My_comp…low_t74560.html
Finally I have posted a reply to your question about uninstall problems, here:
A tool I find most useful when dealing with pesky files and the like, are Revo Uninstaller.
Some of its features are not for the novice, so be sure to read and carefully examine each process the first time you use it
(If you plan to, that is )
Revo Uninstaller
If you have any questions about the Revo Uninstaller, just fire away