This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] [Closed] Unremovable Virus - Bogus Programs appea

13 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Yes install it. Also,

Time for some housekeeping
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the x and the /u, it needs to be there.

    [external image: Posted Image]

I recommend you install WinPatrol
Download it from here
Here you can find information about how WinPatrol works here


Make sure your Windows is ALWAYS up to date!

An unpatched Windows is vulnerable and even with the "best" Antivirus and Firewall installed, malware will find its way through.
So visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ to download and install the latest updates.


Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.

Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"

Here is some great information from experts in this field that will help you stay clean and safe online.
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14

Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.
OK I have done everything you suggested uo to now. I have looked at the list you recommened and will down load them later tonight. What about additional housekeeping?? combo fix, smitfraud,mbam,malwarebytes,hijackthis,etc. Also what about the current programs, McAfee AV, Spybot S&D,Ad AWare 2007?? Thank YOu very much I appreciate all you have done for me. As a side note, I run Quicken 2002 and all this installing and running of things has changed the date format and it also changed the time format (to military time).
Hi

Combofix /u uninstalls Combofix and it's associated folders. It also flushes out your Restore Points.

Delete Smitfraudfix. You could keep MBAM, it's a good scanner. I would use it as a replacement for Ad-Aware, I dont like the new version at all.
HijackThis is easily removed through Add/Remove Programs, hopefully you wont need it again. ;)

While you are in Add/Remove Programs, get rid of this.
My Way Search Assistant


Go to Start>Control Panel>Date, Time, Language and Regional Settings>Change the format of numbers dates and times
In Regional and Language Options click on the Customise tab then click on the Time tab.
Under Time format the two HH can be changed to lower case hh to make the clock 12-hour.
The date format can be changed there too.

Im not sure how you want the date and how it is now. I will leave this thread open so you can ask questions.
Downloading and running recommended programs as time allows. Can't delete My Way Search Assistant get the msg Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\desrcas.dll The specified module could not be found. Any Ideas
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI