This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Program errors - reinstalled them and still errors

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

OK. I'm not exactly sure what's going on here but I am getting errors from programs on restarting. It happened just randomly a little bit ago. I've uninstalled the programs and reinstalled and they still seem to have issues. The errors appear on restarting the computer when the programs attempt to run when windows starts. It also happens when you try and re-install them as they attempt to start up (obviously). Any ideas? Thanks. Here are the errors: ATI Graphics You do not have permission to change CATALYST Control Center settings. Please contact your administrator for further help. Acer Gravisense GraviSense.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0xd20 (3360), Thread id=0xb60 (2912) Click OK to terminate the application Click CANCEL to debug the application. Acer ePower Management ePower_DMC.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0xf94 (3988), Thread id=0x980 (2432) Click OK to terminate the application Click CANCEL to debug the application.
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine. The permissions problem may be solved by logging on via an account that has full administrator privileges, or even the main Administrator account. A system Restore, back to the time before the issues arose is another good starting point. (Start>All Programs>AccessoriesSystem Tools>System Restore) and then follow onscreen prompts See how you go. Regards paws
Hi,
Yes I have just checked your last HJT log file. On March 5th you reported:

Seems to be running how it usually runs. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Later that day you were advised to set up a new clean restore point. so it may be best to now try a restore back to March 5th and see how you go
Regards
paws
The machine, itself, was running fine but I had not been told to reinstall the programs which had been giving me errors in the first place. After that day, I attempted to reinstall the programs and they still gave the same errors.
Hi Ok, but still try the System Restore back to March 5th and see how you go for a week or so before trying anything else Regards paws
after I do the restore should I also re-install the programs I am having trouble with? I'm quite sure I'll be able to see, right away, if things are working or not. There's no need to wait a week. ;) thanks.
HI, If you can do without the programs Ie you can live with any loss of functionality then you may consider it wise not to install them for a while. If your machine is crippled by not having them then we will need to think again and move on to taking more serious and complex steps to resolve the issues. Regards paws
I can live without them but I would like them working and I worry that such an error could lead to worse things. These programs give me a bit of added functionality that can be quite useful, one of which is the motion sensor that shuts off the harddrives during sudden movements to avoid damage. What type of steps are we talking about to fix this?
Hi, Assuming this is your Acer laptop then the steps I would probably follow (if this machine was in my workshop and after a full 100% accurate up to date and reproducible back up/archive/copy of everything on the machine, including a disc image if agreed) 1 Careful visual inspection for external signs of damage, connections 2 Check Device Manager for yellow/red warnings. 2 Power supply voltage and battery check 3 Remove battery, check performance on AC only; repeat for battery only. 5 Run "standard diagnostics" + chkdsk /r, and then sfc /scannow 6 unload and correctly reinstall all drivers, chip-set, video/graphics, sound etc. 7 Reinstall Windows (on top non destructive) 8 Windows update 9 Full format and reinstall (destructive) of operating system, applications +data At each stage I would reboot and check performance/functionality before moving on to the next stage. Hope this helps regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI