This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] malware spyware I think

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

There is a toolbar that cannot be removed. Security Toolbar 7.1 with buttons to click for "Block adware/popups" and "Remove spyware" . I am also getting tons of pop ups saying that I need to download some scan programs. Also says something about w32.Myzor.fk virus? I am not a techie at all. I see some other posts where people are posting logs and stuff. I have no idea how to do that. Can somebody help me out??? Thanks for any help, treelee sorry should have mentioned that I am running XP pro and Internet Explorer
Hello treelee

Welcome to the Whatthetech Malware Removal Forum

Security Toolbar 7.1 <– This a rogue program and needs to be removed.


Download Trendmicros Hijackthis to your desktop.
Double click it to install
Follow the prompts and by default it will install in C:\Program Files\Trendmicro\Hijackthis\Highjackthis.exe
  • Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
  • Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
  • Go to Edit> Select All…..Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into this thread by using the Post Reply and not start a New Thread.
DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI