epictrance73
Topic Starter
Hi. I had just purchased a new laptop with vista operating system. For some reason, i tried restarting my computer and it wouldn't restart. I was able to finally get it up and running again after 5 tries and i saw that my mcafee protection was disabled and parts of it removed. Can you please tell me what i need to do? I also have spysweeper too. I don't understand how possibly "malware" is getting in or whatever if my computer "SHOULD BE PROTECTED"? Also, i ran hijackthis and it said " for some reason your system denied write access to the hosts fie. If any hijacked domain are in this file, hijackthis may not be able to fix this. If that happens, you need to edit the file yourself. TO do this, click start, run and type notepad C:Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and press enter. Find the line hijackthis reports and delete them. Save the file as 'hosts'. with quotes and reboot. For vista simply exit hijackthis, right click on the hijackthis icon, choose run as adminstrator.
Here is my hijack log.
Please help.. and thanks for your time
Paul