This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Vista Security Tool - Unregistered Version Help!

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently got the Vista Security Tool - Unregistered Version. How do I remove this. I looked up ways to remove this spyware but I'm not sure if the advices were for this specific one. Some were for Vista Security Tool 2010 and others for Security Tool. There were suggestions to remove it by running C:\Documents and Settings and going from there but I cannot open that file location. I always get Location is not available. Also in Safe Mode, I'm unable to run anything except superantispyware and I can't open malwarebytes. How do I get rid of this spyware?
Hello nnkim and :welcome:

My name is JonTom.

  • Malware Logs can sometimes take a lot of time to research and interpret.
  • Please be patient while I try to assist with your problem. If at any time you do not understand what is required, please ask for further explanation.
  • Please note that there is no "Quick Fix" to modern malware infections and we may need to use several different approaches to get your system clean.
  • Read every reply you receive carefully and thoroughly before carrying out the instructions. You may also find it helpful to print out the instructions you receive, as in some instances you may have to disconnect your computer from the Internet.
  • PLEASE NOTE: If you do not reply after 5 days your thread will be closed.

  • Please be aware that I am still in training, and all of my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advice.
  • This may cause a delay in response time, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.
  • I will reply back shortly with instructions.
Hello nnkim

Before I can work on a fix for your problems, I need to see some system scans. Please work your way through the following steps. If you encounter any difficulties just post back and let me know.

(Note: For Vista Users, please right-click on the tool icons and choose "Run As Administrator" to run the tools).

  • exeHelper


    • Please download exeHelper by clicking here and save the file (called exeHelper.com) to your desktop.
    • Right click on exeHelper.com and select "Run as administrator" to run the fix.
    • A black window should pop up. Press any key to close once the fix is completed.
    • Post the contents of log.txt (it Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com).
    • NOTE: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

  • Download and run OTL by Oldtimer


    • Please download OTL by Oldtimer by clicking here and save the file (called OTL.exe) to your desktop.
    • Close all open windows on your computer then Right click on the OTL.exe icon and select "Run as administrator" to run the program.
    • When OTL opens, underneath "Output" (at the top) select "Minimal Output".
    • Check the boxes beside "LOP Check" and "Purity Check".
    • Under Custom Scan paste this in:

    netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    eventlog.dll
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    cngaudit.dll
    sceclt.dll
    ntelogon.dll
    logevent.dll
    iaStor.sys
    nvstor.sys
    atapi.sys
    IdeChnDr.sys
    viasraid.sys
    AGP440.sys
    vaxscsi.sys
    nvatabus.sys
    viamraid.sys
    nvata.sys
    nvgts.sys
    iastorv.sys
    ViPrt.sys
    eNetHook.dll
    ahcix86.sys
    KR10N.sys
    nvstor32.sys
    ahcix86s.sys
    nvrd32.sys
    symmpi.sys
    adp3132.sys
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    CREATERESTOREPOINT


    • Click the "Run Scan" button. Do not change any settings unless specifically told to do so. The scan will not take long.

    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows: OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
    • Note: These logs can be located in the OTL. folder on you C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.
    • Please Copy and Paste the contents of both files in your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.

  • Please scan your system with GMER



    • Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

    • Right click the randomly named EXE file and select "Run as administrator". The program will begin to run.

      **Caution**
      These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any
      \\\"<— ROOKIT\\\" entries unless advised!

    • If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
    • Click NO
    • Click the Save… button, and save the log as "GMER-1.log"
    • In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked … leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.
    • Now click the Scan button.
    • Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
    • Click OK.
    • Click on the Save… button again, and save it this time as "GMER-2.log"
    • If for some reason the program hangs during the second scan, post me the contents of the first log. If it doesn't hang, then just post me the contents of the second log.

    Note: Use Notepad to open the logs so you can copy them in here.

    If GMER will not run in normal windows, please run it in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please provide the exeHelper log, the OTL logs and the GMER log.

NOTE: You may need more than one post to fit all of the required information in.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI