This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 4 First Customer Ship downlo

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Today the Java Sun site seems to be having some issues. I was able to download updates yesterday, but not today. So I can't get Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 4 First Customer Ship from the site. Does anyone know of an alternate mirror or place where I can get the update? I need the Windows version. Thanks.
Hi, Yes you are right Sun seem to be having a bit of a problem at the moment
See the following quote from Noviciate

QUOTE ("Noviciate")
It seems Sun are playing around at the minute and you can't get hold of 6u4. http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp offers the downloads, but it links to "Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 4 First Customer Ship" and if you try to get something for Windows you get "Your download transaction cannot be approved. Contact Customer Service." Bizarrely you can have Linux and Solaris versions, so I suggest you recommend the penguin for now! biggrin.gif
Failing that, the previous version 6u3 is available here - http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
You can link directly to the offline installation file if you wish - http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=12798


It might be wise to try again in a short while, after making sure that your machine will accept cookies from them, deleting your old Java cache and any old ActiveX from them (accepting a new one as necessary) and then starting again.
Regards
paws

Today the Java Sun site seems to be having some issues. I was able to download updates yesterday, but not today. So I can't get Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 4 First Customer Ship from the site. Does anyone know of an alternate mirror or place where I can get the update? I need the Windows version. Thanks.


Hello toruser,

I think if you try this link today you will have no problems with downloading and installing the latest Java SE Runtime Environment 6 update 4. Please make sure you uninstall all old Java from your Add and Remove before installing the lastest update. Here is a good link with step by step instructions for you to follow if you are in doubt.

kind regards,
Hi tallin, Nice post… :thumbup: Lots of us here have been having difficulty with the update due to problems with the Java site. Thanks to your post saying that it is working again I have downloaded it this morning and installed it, and all is working OK. ( I have just checked and Doug also reports that its OK now as well) Regards paws
Hi Paws, I have had that Java 6.4 update for months, and so have others I have consulted privately so cannot understand why there is a/was as problem with it. There was a message in a private forum about the Java download site being faulty which I did not respond to because of information by senior folk who were posting there. :smack: I have not had any problems with Java at all. kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI