This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

new here

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

hey guys.my name is Joe My biggest thing is offroading 4x4's. But now I have a computer problem so I am here looking for help. I'm having some computer issues and am not all that computer literate. I can do some things though. I am having issues with the safenweb stuff, getting all the fake security alerts etc. where would I post this and can someone help me in a relatively easy way? I have the trend micro and have tried the defender, and just did the hijackthis scan. As I have been reading, the tren and defender can't get the job done. So, in what section would I put this question or is there a thread already that I can simply follow along with?
Posted Image exocaged,

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I would suggest that you go here and follow all the directions and where and how to post your log. Please remember that all helpers are volunteers and unfortunately there are often not enough to go around. Please be patient and someone will get to you as soon as possible.

It is important that you do not reply to your own topic until asked to by a Malware expert as helpers look for topics with 0 replies.

If your post has not been replied to after 5 days, please go here and follow directions.

Again Welcome to WTT and good luck,
Hi exocaged,

And Welcome.

inability to access some of the ordinary utilities can be the result of Malware, or could be a problem of corrupted System files.

Your first/best course of action is to follow-through with your work in the Malware Removal forum, where GaryR is helping you.

If, after GaryR gives you the "all clear", you are still having difficulty, please post into our Windows Operating System Forum for additional assistance.

Best Regards