Hi
I am getting an error message when i try to access the control panel on my computer. the computer runs on windows xp.
the message is
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."
I am the only owner of the computer and have not set any passwords or restrictions.
thanks I await advice
Before you make any changes to the registry, please back it up. An excellent way to do this is to install ERUNT. Let it add an entry to your Start menu during the install process. That will allow ERUNT to backup your registry each time you boot. It only takes a few seconds and has no real impact on boot time. Run ERUNT immediately after installing it to create a full registry backup.
Next, use regedit to change the value of this registry key from 1 to 0.
Click on Start then Run, type regedit and press Enter. Navigate to:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\