This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

The latest version of Free Zone Alarm

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Today, if you install the latest ZoneAlarm Free, you are presented with a pre-checked option to install ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker which in reality is the Ask Toolbar.

Images and other references here: See http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/2007 … alarm.html


The latest version of Free Zone Alarm v.70.462.000
that most are prompted to update to
is causing people problems -
of not being able to BOOT after installation.

I realize with any new release/update there will be some people encountering problems - but this time it seems pretty bad -

See the threads at the Zone Alarm User Forum

some examples -

Can't Reboot after 7.0.462 update

Upgraded to 7.0.462.000, now computer wont boot at all

This is the biggest screw-up I have ever seen.

7.0.462.000 Installation Nightmare

It happened to me - about 24 hours after I clicked on and installed the update. My PC would boot to the desktop screen but would not display my desktop icons or the task bar - so my PC was stuck…..

Eventually I figured out that it was vsmon.exe - True Vector Internet Monitor that was failing to load properly and completely swamping the PC.

I had to go into Safe Mode to Uninstall Zone Alarm -
then reinstall the previous version - so I would still have a firewall.
Here's two free firewalls (in no order of preference).It is important to note that you should only have one firewall installed at a time, but you can download to your Desktop and install each in turn to see which one you prefer.