This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Baseline - Am I (pc) ok?

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

I am submitting a log for review for the following problem/reasons:
1. At times I have 100% of computer resources being used with only a browser running. And it freezes (momentarily) the computer up.

2. I have had the blue crash screen where my computer just plain fails.

3. There are some files that I do not have permission to open even though I am logged on as administrator.

4. I ran RunAlyzer and tons remained when I asked to show all but legit. I spent a long time trying to understand it, but to no use. :pullhair:

5. When I have tried to look at running processes and then google them to see if they are legit I've bumped into some virus information that seemed to pertain, but when I tried to go further say with identifying it with their technical info my limited knowledge stopped me. I am unable to give much detail because this has been gong on for over a year and time and other duties interrupt me and I loose the slight grasp I had on the problem. But one that I remember talked about the virus creating an IPC$ entry and I saw that on one of my notes I had written. But when I searched it now I don't find it.

So in summary, I don't have very much good detail to offer.

Thank you for your time and effort. You are more than wonderful. :thumbup:

This is the hijack log:

PS I sure hope I am in the right place and followed directions. :blush: ! I tried so hard……….

Grammie

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:45:42 PM, on 2/17/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Netscape Internet Service\ncupdatesvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCom\RoxUpnpRenderer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SAService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfsem.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDBtnMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common

Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program

Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cafwc] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\cafw.exe -cl
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfupgrade] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfupgrade.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfasem] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSPM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: RoboForm Options - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComOptions.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Options - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F4C} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComOptions.html (file

missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: RoboForm Options - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F4C} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI

RoboForm\RoboFormComOptions.html (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {01012101-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft Script Runner Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {02A2D714-433E-46E4-B217-7C3B3FAF8EAE} (ScrabbleCubes Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v46/scrab…rabblecubes.cab
O16 - DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A59E23533} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/MSDcode.cab
O16 - DPF: {0A5FD7C5-A45C-49FC-ADB5-9952547D5715} (Creative Software AutoUpdate) - http://www.creative.com/SU/SU1.5/ocx/15030/CTSUEng.cab
O16 - DPF: {0D41B8C5-2599-4893-8183-00195EC8D5F9} (asusTek_sysctrl Class) - http://support.asus.com/common/asusTek_sys_ctrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {1A1F56AA-3401-46F9-B277-D57F3421F821} (FunGamesLoader Object) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v47/share…GamesLoader.cab
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n9x/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {3451DEDE-631F-421C-8127-FD793AFC6CC8} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as…rl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990200-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec SmartIssue) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as…trl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec Script Runner Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as…trl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {54BE6B6F-3056-470B-97E1-BB92E051B6C4} (DeviceEnum Class) - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/instal…nosticsxp2k.cab
O16 - DPF: {58FC4C77-71C2-4972-A8CD-78691AD85158} (BJA Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v63/bjattack/bja.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {6B75345B-AA36-438A-BBE6-4078B4C6984D} (HpProductDetection Class) - http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn2/inst…ctDetection.cab
O16 - DPF: {6C6FE41A-0DA6-42A1-9AD8-792026B2B2A7} (FreeCell Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v41/freecell/freecell.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) -

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1138029516000
O16 - DPF: {6F15128C-E66A-490C-B848-5000B5ABEEAC} (HP Download Manager) - https://h20436.www2.hp.com/ediags/dex/secure/HPDEXAXO.cab
O16 - DPF: {8A94C905-FF9D-43B6-8708-F0F22D22B1CB} (Wwlaunch Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/wwlaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://javadl-esd.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jin…ows-i586-jc.cab
O16 - DPF: {97438FE9-D361-4279-BA82-98CC0877A717} (Cubis Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v57/cubis/cubis.cab
O16 - DPF: {9903F4ED-B673-456A-A15F-ED90C7DE9EF5} (Sol Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v46/sol/sol.cab
O16 - DPF: {AC2881FD-5760-46DB-83AE-20A5C6432A7E} (SwapIt Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v67/swapit/swapit.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as…rl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {CF40ACC5-E1BB-4AFF-AC72-04C2F616BCA7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/nos/gp.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E5ABEB00-B357-4884-9949-77B2C71A7EE3} (BoardCtl Class) - http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/boardid/BoardID.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package) -

http://www.creative.com/SU/SU1.5/ocx/15034/CTPID.cab
O18 - Protocol: siteadvisor - {3A5DC592-7723-4EAA-9EE6-AF4222BCF879} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxdev.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: PFW - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UmxWnp.Dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Netscape Update Service (NCUpdateSvc) - Netscape Communications Corporation - C:\Program Files\Netscape Internet Service\ncupdatesvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: PPCtlPriv - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server (RoxLiveShare) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxLiveShare.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe
O23 - Service: RoxUpnpRenderer (RoxUPnPRenderer) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCom\RoxUpnpRenderer.exe
O23 - Service: RoxUpnpServer - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 8\RoxUpnpServer.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher (RoxWatch) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatch.exe
O23 - Service: SiteAdvisor Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SAService.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Event Manager (UmxAgent) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Configuration Interpreter (UmxCfg) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Firewall Helper (UmxFwHlp) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Policy Manager (UmxPol) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
I see that you are running msconfig in /auto mode which means that you may have selectively removed some items in the past from the startup procedure.
This can be bad if they are malware, so we would like you to reenable those startup entries by doing the following:

Please click on start, then run, and type msconfig and then press enter.
When the window opens click on the startup tab and make sure there are checkmarks in every entry.
Then press ok until you are out of the program. If it asks to reboot, do not reboot.

Now please create a new Hijackthis Log and post it as a reply.
Dear Little Eagle,
It is wonderful to be reminded of nature in your screen name. And as a further aside we have 2 bald eagles living in the wetland reserve which is about a mile from us. I have only seen 1 of them once 2 years ago, but I am not outside much. And when I am out, I am sad to say, I'm not very good at identifying wildlife. My brother, on the other hand, who is outside often - and a keen and knowledgeable observer - also says that to his surprise that he has not seen the eagles either. I think I will have to research a bit and see if that is a characteristic unique to them!

Onto the computer task at hand……

But first, thanks for your assistance. I appreciate it immensely. :notworthy:

As you noticed I did have some items unchecked in the start menu in my desperate (futile) attempt to try and figure out what was running. I checked them as directed without restarting.

Is is normal after making changes to the sys config to get a message that says: Access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. I am logged in as administrator. But even though it says denied it appears the changes are in fact made.

Since I just recently loaded Spybot I was at first startled when it popped up the registry notice. But as it kept popping up I finally saw the info box (duh!!) and read that. How neat! Those entries have plagued me for years. I'd read about (google) them, but was always left uncertain because some entries said they could be either legitimate processes or a virus. Is Spybot smart enough to know that difference? Is it determining where the process is running from when it gives the information?

There was one entry I denied. Well 2 really. The first one I denied was a legitimate application, but it was the first entry/pop up message and I didn't know what was going on. But one that I denied because it had absolutely no information seemed unlike all the others Spybot handled was
hkcmd.exe located in C\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe

Then I ran hijack this. (In an incomplete attempt years ago to post to a board I ran it, but at that time you had to put something in the same directory with something else etc etc. And now, like magic, it did it all and all by itself!)

The log follows. Have a nice day. Grammie

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:40:49 AM, on 2/20/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Netscape Internet Service\ncupdatesvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCom\RoxUpnpRenderer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SAService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfsem.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common

Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program

Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cafwc] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\cafw.exe -cl
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfupgrade] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfupgrade.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfasem] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WD Button Manager] WDBtnMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmartDefrag] "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\IObit SmartDefrag.exe" /StartUp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KidzMouse] C:\PROGRA~1\KIDZMO~1\KidzSetup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTCheck] C:\Program Files\Creative\Creative ZEN\ZEN Media Explorer\CTCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSPM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WD Backup Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\My Book\WD Backup\uBBMonitor.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: RoboForm Options - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComOptions.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Options - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F4C} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComOptions.html (file

missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: RoboForm Options - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F4C} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI

RoboForm\RoboFormComOptions.html (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {01012101-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft Script Runner Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {02A2D714-433E-46E4-B217-7C3B3FAF8EAE} (ScrabbleCubes Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v46/scrab…rabblecubes.cab
O16 - DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A59E23533} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/MSDcode.cab
O16 - DPF: {0A5FD7C5-A45C-49FC-ADB5-9952547D5715} (Creative Software AutoUpdate) - http://www.creative.com/SU/SU1.5/ocx/15030/CTSUEng.cab
O16 - DPF: {0D41B8C5-2599-4893-8183-00195EC8D5F9} (asusTek_sysctrl Class) - http://support.asus.com/common/asusTek_sys_ctrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {1A1F56AA-3401-46F9-B277-D57F3421F821} (FunGamesLoader Object) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v47/share…GamesLoader.cab
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n9x/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {3451DEDE-631F-421C-8127-FD793AFC6CC8} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as…rl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990200-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec SmartIssue) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as…trl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec Script Runner Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as…trl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {54BE6B6F-3056-470B-97E1-BB92E051B6C4} (DeviceEnum Class) - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/instal…nosticsxp2k.cab
O16 - DPF: {58FC4C77-71C2-4972-A8CD-78691AD85158} (BJA Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v63/bjattack/bja.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {6B75345B-AA36-438A-BBE6-4078B4C6984D} (HpProductDetection Class) - http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn2/inst…ctDetection.cab
O16 - DPF: {6C6FE41A-0DA6-42A1-9AD8-792026B2B2A7} (FreeCell Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v41/freecell/freecell.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) -

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1138029516000
O16 - DPF: {6F15128C-E66A-490C-B848-5000B5ABEEAC} (HP Download Manager) - https://h20436.www2.hp.com/ediags/dex/secure/HPDEXAXO.cab
O16 - DPF: {8A94C905-FF9D-43B6-8708-F0F22D22B1CB} (Wwlaunch Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/wwlaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://javadl-esd.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jin…ows-i586-jc.cab
O16 - DPF: {97438FE9-D361-4279-BA82-98CC0877A717} (Cubis Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v57/cubis/cubis.cab
O16 - DPF: {9903F4ED-B673-456A-A15F-ED90C7DE9EF5} (Sol Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v46/sol/sol.cab
O16 - DPF: {AC2881FD-5760-46DB-83AE-20A5C6432A7E} (SwapIt Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v67/swapit/swapit.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as…rl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {CF40ACC5-E1BB-4AFF-AC72-04C2F616BCA7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/nos/gp.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E5ABEB00-B357-4884-9949-77B2C71A7EE3} (BoardCtl Class) - http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/boardid/BoardID.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package) -

http://www.creative.com/SU/SU1.5/ocx/15034/CTPID.cab
O18 - Protocol: siteadvisor - {3A5DC592-7723-4EAA-9EE6-AF4222BCF879} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxdev.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: PFW - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UmxWnp.Dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Netscape Update Service (NCUpdateSvc) - Netscape Communications Corporation - C:\Program Files\Netscape Internet Service\ncupdatesvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: PPCtlPriv - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server (RoxLiveShare) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxLiveShare.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe
O23 - Service: RoxUpnpRenderer (RoxUPnPRenderer) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCom\RoxUpnpRenderer.exe
O23 - Service: RoxUpnpServer - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 8\RoxUpnpServer.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher (RoxWatch) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatch.exe
O23 - Service: SiteAdvisor Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SAService.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Event Manager (UmxAgent) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Configuration Interpreter (UmxCfg) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Firewall Helper (UmxFwHlp) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Policy Manager (UmxPol) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe

************end of message
After reading your message again, now I'm thinking I should have allowed hkcmd.exe to make the registry change. But that choice felt like I was permitting the virus to do it's thing if it was a virus? I'll have to count on your patience if I need to redo it. Computing leaves me with more questions than answers! :wacko: Grammie
Not seeing much.

Run - ATF Cleaner instructions here.

—————-


Then download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt

—————————————-

After that Click HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan

* You need to use IE to run this scan
* Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
* A new window will open…click the Check Now button
* Enter your Country
* Enter your State/Province
* Enter your e-mail address and click send
* Select either Home User or Company
* Click the big Scan Now button
* If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
* It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
* When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
* When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report

—————————————————-

Will look at the when I go on lunch :thumbup:
Hello Little Eagle, Oh, when I started at 6 a.m. I though….great - i've got an early start - I can get all this done by lunchtime. Well, not quite! it went well until the Panda scan. I did all including downloading the active X and then it said it was scanning, but I watched and then left and came back - -so for about 6 hours it was right where I left it. I will include a picture of where it sat saying it was scanning. Does that look right? My internet options are probably not set correctly. I tried lots of things, but it never ran any differently. I will also past the report of the 2nd item (malware). I did do the cleaner first. Also, if there isn't a problem. Great! We don't have to find one!!!! thanks again. Grammie Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.04 Database version: 383 Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|) Objects scanned: 136071 Time elapsed: 34 minute(s), 58 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 0 Registry Values Infected: 0 Registry Data Items Infected: 0 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 0 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Values Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Data Items Infected: (No malicious items detected) Folders Infected: (No malicious items detected) Files Infected: (No malicious items detected) I saw that MyBook backup was off so did a second scan of the L drive Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.04 Database version: 383 Scan type: Full Scan (L:\|) Objects scanned: 19080 Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 16 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 0 Registry Values Infected: 0 Registry Data Items Infected: 0 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 0 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Values Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Data Items Infected: (No malicious items detected) Folders Infected: (No malicious items detected) Files Infected: (No malicious items detected) This is where the panda scan sat all day! Well, I couldn't paste it in I'll try attaching file. Well I tried upload 2 times. Must be too big. Don't know how to get smaller. bye
Lets try to run an F-Secure online scan.
  • Click HERE
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Start scanning button. A window will pop up.
  • Allow the Active X control to be installed on your computer, then click the Accept button
  • Click Full System Scan and allow the components to download and the scan to complete.
  • If malware is found, check Submit samples to F-Secure then select Automatic cleaning
  • When cleaning has finished, click Show report (this will open an Internet Explorer window containing the report)
  • Highlight and Copy (CTRL + C) the complete report, and Paste (CTRL + V) in a new reply to this post
If Automatic cleaning with Submit samples hangs, click Cancel, then New Scan
  • When the cleaning option is presented, Uncheck Submit samples to F-Secure
  • Click Automatic cleaning
  • When cleaning has finished, click Show report (this will open an Internet Explorer window containing the report)
  • Highlight and Copy (CTRL + C) the complete report, and Paste (CTRL + V) in a new reply to this post

Note: This scan will only work with Internet Explorer.
You must be logged on a administrator rights to run this scan.
The scan may take a few hours.
Good morning, Here is the scan result……… BTW I did have a couple of questions I asked in an earlier post that I am wondering if you could answer. I copied them after the report below. thanks again. Grammie Scanning Report Tuesday, February 26, 2008 23:14:11 - 06:24:18 Computer name: NRIDGEVILLE Scanning type: Scan system for viruses, rootkits, spyware Target: C:\ D:\ Result: 3 malware found Tracking Cookie (spyware) * System (Disinfected) * System * System Statistics Scanned: * Files: 51138 * System: 5863 * Not scanned: 2 Actions: * Disinfected: 1 * Renamed: 0 * Deleted: 0 * None: 2 * Submitted: 0 Files not scanned: * C:\PAGEFILE.SYS * C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT Options Scanning engines: * F-Secure Libra: 2.4.2, 2008-02-21 * F-Secure AVP: 7.0.171, 2008-02-27 * F-Secure Orion: 1.2.37, 2008-02-27 * F-Secure Blacklight: 1.0.64 * F-Secure Draco: 1.0.35, 0597-150-72 * F-Secure Pegasus: 1.20.0, 2008-01-25 Scanning options: * Scan defined files: COM EXE SYS OV? BIN SCR DLL SHS HTM HTML HTT VBS JS INF VXD DO? XL? RTF CPL WIZ HTA PP? PWZ P?T MSO PIF . ACM ASP AX CNV CSC DRV INI MDB MPD MPP MPT OBD OBT OCX PCI TLB TSP WBK WBT WPC WSH VWP WML BOO HLP TD0 TT6 MSG ASD JSE VBE WSC CHM EML PRC SHB BAT LNK ANI AVB CEO CMD LSP MAP MHT MIF PDF PHP POT WMF NWS TAR TGZ WSF ZL? {* ZIP JAR ARJ LZH TAR TGZ GZ CAB RAR BZ2 HQXJPG SWF * Use Advanced heuristics Copyright © 1998-2006 Product support |Send virus sample to F-Secure F-Secure assumes no responsibility for material created or published by third parties that F-Secure World Wide Web pages have a link to. Unless you have clearly stated otherwise, by submitting material to any of our servers, for example by E-mail or via our F-Secure's CGI E-mail, you agree that the material you make available may be published in the F-Secure World Wide Pages or hard-copy publications. You will reach F-Secure public web site by clicking on underlined links. While doing this, your access will be logged to our private access statistics with your domain name.This information will not be given to any third party. You agree not to take action against us in relation to material that you submit. Unless you have clearly stated otherwise, by submitting material you warrant that F-Secure may incorporate any concepts described in it in the F-Secure products/publications without liability. I decided to find and copy the questions I referred to…………. 1. There are some files that I do not have permission to open even though I am logged on as administrator. 2. I ran RunAlyzer and tons remained when I asked to show all but legit. I spent a long time trying to understand it, is this typical? 3. Is is normal after making changes to the sys config to get a message that says: Access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. I am logged in as administrator. But even though it says denied it appears the changes are in fact made. 4. Since I just recently loaded Spybot I was at first startled when it popped up the registry notice. But as it kept popping up I finally saw the info box (duh!!) and read that. How neat! Those entries have plagued me for years. I'd read about (google) them, but was always left uncertain because some entries said they could be either legitimate processes or a virus. Is Spybot smart enough to know that difference? Is it determining where the process is running from when it gives the information? 5. There was one entry I denied. Well 2 really. The first one I denied was a legitimate application, but it was the first entry/pop up message and I didn't know what was going on. But one that I denied because it had absolutely no information seemed unlike all the others Spybot handled was hkcmd.exe located in C\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe. Is that one ok? Should I delete it? thanks again. Grammie

1. There are some files that I do not have permission to open even though I am logged on as administrator.

2. I ran RunAlyzer and tons remained when I asked to show all but legit. I spent a long time trying to understand it, is this typical?

3. Is is normal after making changes to the sys config to get a message that says: Access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. I am logged in as administrator. But even though it says denied it appears the changes are in fact made.

4. Since I just recently loaded Spybot I was at first startled when it popped up the registry notice. But as it kept popping up I finally saw the info box (duh!!) and read that. How neat! Those entries have plagued me for years. I'd read about (google) them, but was always left uncertain because some entries said they could be either legitimate processes or a virus. Is Spybot smart enough to know that difference? Is it determining where the process is running from when it gives the information?

5. There was one entry I denied. Well 2 really. The first one I denied was a legitimate application, but it was the first entry/pop up message and I didn't know what was going on. But one that I denied because it had absolutely no information seemed unlike all the others Spybot handled was
hkcmd.exe located in C\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe. Is that one ok? Should I delete it?



1. I need more info please
2. Have never used but I would say yes— I'll look at the program latter if I have time.
3. I really don't know :blush:
4.

Is Spybot smart enough to know that difference?

I would say no.
5. This should give you the info needed. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/hkcmd.exe-1962.html

—————————————-

I would remove spybot and delete the folder then reinstall it. This would clear out all the teatimer entires and give you a clean start. ;)
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI