jjzero
Topic Starter
Hello,
Thank you in advance for taking the time to look at these logs.
A little background info,
First, this is my father's computer so forgive me as I don't know a lot of the specifics of this machine.
When I turned this thing on for the first time, I had trouble doing anything, literally. The taskbar woud not show, anything I clicked on did not open, any programs I tried to install I would get nothing but errors, no internet, etc.
The only thing I could get to run was ComboFix that I downloaded and transfered from a thumb drive. I know and understand this is not a program I should be using without proper advice, but I really did not have much of a choice at the time. Luckily it cleared up quite a few issues and was able to finally get on the internet and start downloading some anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
Here is what I have run so far: Avast, Spybot, Malwarebytes, a2 anti-malware and some cleanup programs like ATF and Cleanup!.
As of right now, the computer seems to be running okay, but I've got my eye on 4 items in the HJT log that I don't like the looks of and I can't seem to get rid of.
The only problem I am still experiencing at this time is that I cannot install any programs that use the Windows based installer.
I get an error saying something like, " Windows Installer Service could not be accessed."
Here are both HJT and Malwarebytes logs.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:14:12 PM, on 8/26/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Malware\a2service.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\afisicx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxamsp32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\noxtcyr.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\roxtctm.exe
C:\Program Files\LexmarkX63\AcBtnMgr_X63.exe
C:\Program Files\LexmarkX63\ACMonitor_X63.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsldoekd.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54843
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.1.1:110
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell|Alert] C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrinTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\printray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxamsp32.exe] lxamsp32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [a-squared] "C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Malware\a2guard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: AcBtnMgr_X63.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\LexmarkX63\AcBtnMgr_X63.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ACMonitor_X63.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\LexmarkX63\ACMonitor_X63.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF} (Autodesk Express Viewer Control) - http://www.autodesk.com/global/expressview…ViewerSetup.cab
O23 - Service: a-squared Anti-Malware Service (a2AntiMalware) - Emsi Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Malware\a2service.exe
O23 - Service: afisicx Manages messages (afisicx) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\afisicx.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: noxtcyr Corporation inc. (noxtcyr) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\noxtcyr.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: roxtctm pass-through (roxtctm) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\roxtctm.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
O23 - Service: wsldoekd Co. Ltd. (wsldoekd) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsldoekd.exe
–
End of file - 6452 bytes
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.25
Database version: 1088
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
7:40:03 PM 8/26/2008
mbam-log-08-26-2008 (19-40-03).txt
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 42450
Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 55 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\comsa32.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Thanks again for looking!
Joel
Thank you in advance for taking the time to look at these logs.
A little background info,
First, this is my father's computer so forgive me as I don't know a lot of the specifics of this machine.
When I turned this thing on for the first time, I had trouble doing anything, literally. The taskbar woud not show, anything I clicked on did not open, any programs I tried to install I would get nothing but errors, no internet, etc.
The only thing I could get to run was ComboFix that I downloaded and transfered from a thumb drive. I know and understand this is not a program I should be using without proper advice, but I really did not have much of a choice at the time. Luckily it cleared up quite a few issues and was able to finally get on the internet and start downloading some anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
Here is what I have run so far: Avast, Spybot, Malwarebytes, a2 anti-malware and some cleanup programs like ATF and Cleanup!.
As of right now, the computer seems to be running okay, but I've got my eye on 4 items in the HJT log that I don't like the looks of and I can't seem to get rid of.
The only problem I am still experiencing at this time is that I cannot install any programs that use the Windows based installer.
I get an error saying something like, " Windows Installer Service could not be accessed."
Here are both HJT and Malwarebytes logs.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:14:12 PM, on 8/26/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Malware\a2service.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\afisicx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxamsp32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\noxtcyr.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\roxtctm.exe
C:\Program Files\LexmarkX63\AcBtnMgr_X63.exe
C:\Program Files\LexmarkX63\ACMonitor_X63.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsldoekd.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54843
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.1.1:110
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell|Alert] C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrinTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\printray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxamsp32.exe] lxamsp32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [a-squared] "C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Malware\a2guard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: AcBtnMgr_X63.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\LexmarkX63\AcBtnMgr_X63.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ACMonitor_X63.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\LexmarkX63\ACMonitor_X63.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF} (Autodesk Express Viewer Control) - http://www.autodesk.com/global/expressview…ViewerSetup.cab
O23 - Service: a-squared Anti-Malware Service (a2AntiMalware) - Emsi Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Malware\a2service.exe
O23 - Service: afisicx Manages messages (afisicx) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\afisicx.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: noxtcyr Corporation inc. (noxtcyr) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\noxtcyr.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: roxtctm pass-through (roxtctm) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\roxtctm.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
O23 - Service: wsldoekd Co. Ltd. (wsldoekd) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsldoekd.exe
–
End of file - 6452 bytes
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.25
Database version: 1088
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
7:40:03 PM 8/26/2008
mbam-log-08-26-2008 (19-40-03).txt
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 42450
Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 55 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\comsa32.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Thanks again for looking!
Joel