All of a sudden I can't connect to multiplayer in games. There are two games that I play online. BattleField 2 and Unreal Tournament 3..
Both give basically the same message when trying to connect.. BF2 says , "error reading from server" and UT3 says , "you've been disconnected from the server"..
I have no clue what it is.. Has never happened before and was perfectly fine just minutes ago..
Sorry you haven't received a reply on this problem.
I hope you've already got it resolved.
Multi-player game servers can have temporary and intermittent problems with providing feeds to you the player.
Or they could have been updating, or involved with other technical issues.
____________
From the point of view of your machine:
Be sure you have your Windows Operating System updated.
Clear your Temporary Internet Files and Cookies
Clear your JAVA Cache
and consider Defragging.
Clearing your DNS (Domain Name Service) may remove any corrupted connection addresses.
To clear DNS…
Start - Run (type)cmd - (press)Enter
At the blinking cursor (type)ipconfig /flushDNS - (press)Enter
FlushDNS will take several seconds, but less than a minute.
Use the X to close the DOS screen or (type)EXIT - (press)Enter
Reboot your machine and try your game login again.
Keep us posted with your progress.
Doug
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI