This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Cannot Remove SpywareBot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi All….. My nephew's computer has Spywarebot installed. It creates more havoc than any good. We are running Windows Vista Home Basic. I tried going into Control Panel and Uninstall Programs, but that doesn't work. It says I need administrator privileges ( I am in admin mode) I then went into the program files and tried deleting the folder and it's contents. That doesn't remove eveything. There are 2 files left; one is a .dll the other is a .exe Pls help me remove this unwanted software. Thanks for all your help. Paul

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI