I can't figure out how to remove Spybot Search and Destroy. It shows up in All Programs but not in control panes> Uninstall programs.
spybot search and destroy- can't remove [Solved]
1 min read
![]()
Spybot Search and Destroy is a decent program, why do you want to remove it ?
I have Avast and didn't want to have any conflicts with these types of programs. Furthermore, i'm not sure what to do with it and how to use it.
Avast is an Anti Virus program and Spybot is anti malware, there should not be a conflict. What version of Spybot do you have, is it the paid version ?
If your keen on uninstalling it thats fine, just wanted you to know the difference
Post back if you do want to uninstall it and I can help you
Ken,
Thanks for the information. I guess I will leave it on my computer. I appreciate your help.
Microsoft recommends just one Anti Virus program , more than one is overkill and can really hamper system performance, sometimes they will conflict with each other causing other problems, so just have one, keep it updated and run regular scans. But with Anti Malware you can have more than one , two or three at the most. On my system I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Pro that gives me the extra protection i need.
If you decide to uninstall Spybot you can post in there forum for help, they know there software in and out and would be more in tune to help you
http://forums.spybot.info/
Ken ![]()
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatthetech.com/you_Infected_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI