This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wireless connection- Disconnect, reconnects, constantly

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My friend Mike, has a wireless connection set up in his house, along with 4-5 other desktops/laptops using the wireless access point. I was messing around with it one day, I have no idea what I did, but his connection constantly disconnects, then reconnects. He uses the Windows Zero Connection, and his wireless card is: 802.11g Wireless LAN PCI Card I think possibly made by Linksys Can I get any help? Please and thank you, let me know if you need more information on his computer/card/internet connection.
Hello Jenkins,

As IndiGenius is still working on your HJT log it is necessary for you to stay with it, then when your log is clear of Malware post back here with any questions and we will be pleased to answer them.

Only one suggestion now is to right click on your wireless connection in your systems tray and choose the repair option.

kind regards,
This was happening on my laptop with it's wireless card for a while. I fixed it by going into the device manager and opening up the properties for the wireless card and uncheckling the box titled "allow windows to shut this device off to save power"

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI