This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE9 closing down when first opened

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there guys. I have a Windows Vista PC running IE9 as a browser. When I switch my computer on and after it loads, I open IE9 it looks like it's going to load and then it just closes down. If I leave the PC on for a period of time and use IE9 it opens fine!!! Any idea why IE9 woul just close itself down when being used just after the PC has started? Many thanks.
Hidunacting,
Sorry to hear of the problem with IE 9

If I leave the PC on for a period of time and use IE9 it opens fine!!!

1 How long after you power on are you trying to open IE9 ? (Try and time it exactly and advise us in your response)
2 How long do you have to wait after powering on the computer for the IE9 to open correctly? try and establish by multiple attempts and timing them, the shortest time that will lead to IE9 loading effectively and advise us in your response.
3 Is there any difference in timing if you use IE9 with NO add ons? if so what is the time difference?
4 If you boot into safe mode with command prompt, does this affect the issue?
Let us know your findings and one of us will advise the next steps.
Regards
paws
Hi Paws, Sods law here. I started with the SAFE MODE and IE9 started fine. When I logged back in, in normal more IE9 started up fine. I'm going to do some more tests over the weekend.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI