I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.. Most of the time it doesn't restart properly when I hit the restart button… It hangs..
Then I have to shut off the computer manually and restart..
what can it be?
It could be a driver or a program that's conflicting with the OS. Vista takes a while to load up, especially if you have a lot of programs set to run at start up.
Sometimes, you have to be patient and let it configure the start up. Once it gets to your desktop, then take a look at the drivers to make sure there are no yellow triangles with exclamation marks next to any of them.
Some antivirus software, such as Norton/Symantec and McAfee are extremely resource hungry… check your programs to see if you need to disable a few from the start up.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI