This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Spyware virus problem?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. I am new to your website and would love if you could help me. I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world so please forgive my ignorance. I recently received a pop up stating that Spyware had been detected on my laptop. I purchase Norton 360 to install and get rid of the virus. Problem is now I can't log onto my computer. When I turn the computer on I get the pop up relating to the Spyware and a message stating that "The application or DLL c:\windows\System32\wowfx.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette". So now I'm at a loss. I can't get rid of a virus if I can't login to install the software. The computer is a few years old so I have no problem purchasing another laptop if need by but I would like to at least retrive my digital photos. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Hello

Download ComboFix from one of the locations below, and save it to your Desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall
Thanks so much for the reply. Unforunately the links are being filtered by my computer here at work. I will need to get to my brothers house to be able to access the link. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI