This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Trojan & Malware Virus - HELP

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My virus scan showed that I was infected by the Trojan virus, and then it showed the Malware virus. I tried to clean the files and even used a Search and Destroy. I am not tech savvy, therefore I am not sure if I got rid of any of it. When I open Internet Explorer, several other pages begin to populate as well. Some do not open to anything it just says Syntax error…but next thing I know I have like 20-30 pages trying to open. What can I do to get rid of it without taking off files that need to be on my system to make it work?? Oh and I pulled up Add/Remove files..and I dont see the Malware file on there anywhere….but my scan still shows it to be somewhere. Please Help!! Thanks…
Your post has been Moved, Closed or Edited for one of the following reasons:

1.) You posted multiple topics and only one is required

2.) You are spamming links to other places without approval

3.) You have posted your hijackthis log to the wrong forum:
( http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html ) <— correct forum for HijackThis Logs

4.) Abusive language or other problems in your text

5.) Your log is too old (20 days or more) and no replies from you after a volunteer tried to help you

If you came here for help, and you have not posted a Hijackthis log to the proper forum, then you may do so now, if you came here to spam or abuse, you will be dealt with harsher on your next offense

This is a family oriented forum to help those that need help.

==============================

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI