This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

System Restore Failure

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently attempted a couple system restores. They both went through the process but after the reboot I got a message that read something like this, "system was not restored choose another restore point and try again". I did exactly this and got the same message. Browsing the microsoft pages I found an article that said the problem was most likely in the "System Volume Information Folder". Find the "system volume Information folder" (a hidden folder) and do a couple of things. I searched and searched my machine but could not locate this folder. Can anyone help me with getting my system restore back in place. I am using Windows XP Home Edition 2002 service pack 2. Thanks JM

Ah, thanks paws, i also lost my volume folder due to a virus…
dayam it, i couldn't do as it says <_<

Hello again CryptX,

Please start your own thread and not pop into others…….thanks.

Please also wait for your HJT log to be answered and we advise no settings should be changed while you are waiting.

kind regards

Edit: This poster has now been banned from WTT due to posting Rar content.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI