This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Some USB Ports on Laptop not responding

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hey Guys, Im new here and would like to introduce myself. I am somewhat of a veteran tech. I dont know everything by any means but know some that may help others. Am A+ certified and worked in internet tech support for many years helping people get connected and with email problems. Now my problem that I have recently is I had a problem with a new Toshiba Satellite P 205 Laptop. They put in a new system board cause there was a problem with the display on the laptop and also external displays would not work either. well the video is back but after I got it 2 of the 4 usb ports dont work. the ones on the left are ok but the 2 on the right side of the machine wont do anything. They were fine before i took it in so I figure its something with the new board. I have always worked on my desktop unit and done the upgrades and stuff myself to that but have never worked on a laptop before. dont know much about them so am asking what might be the problem and what I should do? It was still in warranty when they replaced the board but I think its past that point now. Also my movie AVI files dont always run very well. they are either slow or they speed up with video output while sound is playing as normal if that makes sense. They are out of sequence, not synced up with video and audio together as should be.I transfered one of the files to my desktop unit and it played fine. maybe I dont have enough ram is what im thinking or need a better video card in it. the laptop has 2 gigs of ram with vista running on it. Anyway, If you can help with any of this I would be grateful. I can fix most stuff with the software myself but hard ware is another story.I use a 32 in lcd external display with it when I watch movies.
Hello spiritualsuze',

[external image: Posted Image] We are pleased you have found our forum and hope you enjoy reading and learning all about the broad aspects of it.

This is a Meet and Greet sub-forum and I am very happy to welcome you here, however you seem to have many problems with your Laptop, so I would suggest you post your problems in the appropriate sub-forums especially set up for you.

Suggest going to this link and browsing all threads to see where you would like to post.

I would strongly advise you to take your Laptop back to the IT shop who did the recent work on it and make sure the warranty is still valid as we would not want to void a warranty by suggesting you change anything at this time.

Again welcome and enjoy the forum.

kind regards,