Slkwrth
Topic Starter
I am new to this site and hope someone can help.
I recently began receiving a high risk warning each night when Norton Internet Security completes a full system scan. The risk name is a Backdoor Trojan that Norton cannot remove. The details inside Norton's Risk Properties tell me tyhe following file is:
[smss.exe] inside of [c:\windows\temp\1052.exe]
I found 1052.exe in the c:\windows\temp folder and looked at the properties. the only thing I found was the following in the comment section of properties:
;??????????????
Path=NetMeeting
Setup=go.bat
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
I checked inside of my NetMeeting folder and found the following suspect file: smss.ini
I viewed the file with a text editor and it read:
sets port=7712
This is as far as I've been able to go. Also, I have not intentionally opened 1052.exe (that I am aware of). I've searched my entire system for go.bat and came up empty handed. I'm not very good with code and know very simple fundamentals from the old days of working with DOS. I'm really tired of being handcuffed by Norton, but don't know of any better alternative. Their tech support has not helped at all. I would appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks,
Slkwrth
btw, I do not use NetMeeting. I own my own small home repair business and do much of my billings, communications and music management on my computer and can't afford my system to be compromised.