This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

New Updates for adaware

23 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I hope you are right. I dont know how long
Active X has been available to Windows systems, but
I know Flash was on my computers since Windows 95.





I seriously doubt that cookie came from PC Pitstop.

Is Windows 2000 even compatible with Active X or at least the one for the PC Pitstop test?

I feel the same way. I believe it is always worse to settle for second-best.

Thanks :thumbup:

CS,

I also meant to tell you my Ad-Aware would not update the latest definitions again.
I see a manual update notification on this site today, but I have long since uninstalled it on all computers. Cannot bother with software that gives trouble. There are plenty of others that do a better job in my opinion.

kind regards,

While I'm not sure if Windows 2000 itself has any bugs relating to Active X, I think it is supported because Active X has been around for a very long time in general.
Sorry for the delay in responding (that darn thing called work sometimes gets in the way!) :P

Just to confirm, there are no problems for a correctly set up machine running Windows 2000 with SP4 accessing the http://pcpitstop.com/ site and completing the full tests.
The machine will be asked to accept an ActiveX control and this is generally considered safe from this site.

To check that there are no recent problems on the site, I have just fired up a Win 2K machine and all the tests from the "Pit" executed beautifully.
Regards
paws
That is good to hear. Thanks for using your's to verify. I am having unrelated offline problems and
some things that would take me away from being concerned about my machine. Its a pity,
because I just saw in my task manager that I have one more process running
than I had last week….and I did not add anything. Its been that way for maybe five days.
I am slightly worried, but not overly so. Nothing has slowed down.

I will be back here probably this weekend. As you say, sometimes "work" gets in the way.

~thanks





Sorry for the delay in responding (that darn thing called work sometimes gets in the way!) :P

Just to confirm, there are no problems for a correctly set up machine running Windows 2000 with SP4 accessing the http://pcpitstop.com/ site and completing the full tests.
The machine will be asked to accept an ActiveX control and this is generally considered safe from this site.

To check that there are no recent problems on the site, I have just fired up a Win 2K machine and all the tests from the "Pit" executed beautifully.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI