This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Adaware 2007 ?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

The new Adaware relase 2007 came out recently. I have read some opinions and technical reviews on the new relase. I am wondering what y'all Tomcoyote gurus have to say about the new release compared to the latest SE version. Cliff Notes Pros: Just like anything Adaware released for free (great), You can create automatic scans (not in previous versions), Automatic updater, Supposidly uses less memory while scanning. Cons: Runs an auto-updater process in background 247. Sometimes manual updates crash application. Newer layout of progams structure is daunting/confusing. I installed it on my machine at work, and from what I remember you have the option to not run the automatic updater 247 so thats good thing IMO. I liked it so far! I havent done a true full scan yet, so I cannot compare its memory usage to previous versions. Thanks for any input. :thumbup:
Hi Prophecy99,

I firstly had Ad-Aware SE Personal. As soon as it stopped updating manually from the software, I uninstalled it. Earlier I had installed AdAware 2007, read quite alot about it, didn't like what I read, so then decided I did not want it either so it is no longer on my machines.

I use SUPERAntispyware, AVG Antispyware, SpybotSearch and Destroy, and a-Squared which all serve me well. I run them randomly, a different one after each long surfing stint on the internet. None of them are automatically run, all manually updated and are not in my startup.

Looking after me in the background is Winpatrol and Spyware Blaster.

Hope this helps.

kind regards,