I just installed Trend Micro's 2008 AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware. During installation, it asked me to uninstall Spybot S&D, AVG Anti-Spyware, SpywareBlaster, and Ad-Aware, which I did.
Is Trend Micro's program going to replace all these?
Should I re-install one or all of these programs?
If I do, will it grind my computer to a halt?
Thanks!
Here is a link that explains in detail what you have installed on your computer. Have you purchased the software or are you going with the 30 day trial period to have time to make up your mind regarding whether you will buy?
I myself do not have a Security Suite on my computers. I prefer all the software you were asked to uninstall along with other programs I have - to install the Trend Mico Suite. What Anti virus were you running before you installed Trend Mico? you did not mention an Antivirus.
Regarding your questions in quotes:
Is Trend Micro's program going to replace all these?
Should I re-install one or all of these programs?
If I do, will it grind my computer to a halt?
Others will come by with their opinions.
kind regards, and post back with more questions if you need.
I had Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 as an antivirus, but that slowed things down considerably. That's why I scaled back to the Trend Micro 2008 AntiVirus with AntiSpyware.
Why then would Trend Micro 2008 not slow things down also? As mentioned I am not one for Security Suites for that very reason.
My advice would be to go back to the programs you were asked to uninstall, making sure you only install one Antivirus but two or three Antispyware that are not enabled at startup. Run them manually, randomly, a different one each day with up to dated definitions.
Only my opinion.
kind regards,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI