This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Question Re: Spybot & Ad-Aware

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I currently have Ad-Aware Professional installed on my laptop as well as Spybot. My laptop came from my former company and I was able to keep it.) I don't think they are the latest editions, but my question is whether or not it will matter to change to Ad-Aware Personal or the alternate Spybot program. I also have Trend Micro Office Scan installed on the laptop, but I believe this is outdated, too and it won't allow me to update it on their website without the administrator id/password. I sent an e-mail to the customer support address, but never heard back. On the registry, it says one of the applications for Trend Micro is damaged and looks like it's been replaced with an INI version. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

I would uninstall the older versions of Spybot and Ad Aware SE and download and update the newest…
Ad-Aware SE - Scan and clean spyware

Spybot Search & Destroy


I went into the Trend Micro knowledge base and found two possible answers….for the query
Trend Micro has been damaged and replaced by INI version

Deploying Damage Cleanup Engine/Template 3.x to OfficeScan Corporate Edition (OSCE) 5.x client workstations

[Hot Fix] B1490 - Consolidating the eManager hot fix modules for ScanMail for Exchange (SMEX) 7.0

But the thought that comes to mind is the subscription for this has expired…..You would have to buy a new one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI