This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

HJT - Open with What program

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello If you reading this post, Chances are you are having same problem as me. I am new and not exactly the brighest bulb burning here. But having posted and receiving 0 Replies ( Yes Im impatient also) :) I being bored look around at others postings and read a few others with null replies. Please do not construe this as tech advice. It is simply what worked for me regarding getting HJT dowloaded and installed. I dowloaded from link at HJT here. When I clicked on HJT Install .exe I was prompted to respond: " Which program would I like to use to open this file?" My response; " I have no bloody idea".. Perhaps I should ask a tech……Oops wait I doubt Ill get an answer, so I simply right clicked HJTinstall file and renamed it: "HJTinstall.exe" The program installed just fine from there and I was able to post my log. I hope this Helps someone else. But please remember I am not a tech ( obviously) and I completely understand forum policy. I was infected December 25th and my system got so bad, I had lost internet access and even Windows at a point. Talk about frustrated, It's been about 2 weeks of waiting and hoping for a resolution. Perhaps and this is the comment and suggestion- There should be a " I have no idea what I'm doing here Newbie Post Forum". Of course with strict caveats to action and Note Pinned Topics appearing at top. I was quite relieved at " Meet and Greet" When Tallin appeared quite quickly with a warm welcome and some direction. Perhaps this was the very forum I suggested, already in existence. The volunteers here are awesome as far as I can see.They help so many. I am content to wait out my turn and take no further action without guidance, as suggested. Heck if I get my system back up, I plan on going to school here and volunteering also. ( My chat and link to school do not work currently) Good Luck to You. Denise
Dear LDTate I looked and looked could not find. I quite admittedly am a bit intimidated to ask a question here from the onset. Actually I am still reading the many forums and beginning to get some orientation to the site and forums. Trust, I was not complaining about waiting in the least…It's been since christmas for me, I am pleased to be at point I am now at…..Being new here I just felt super stupid when I could not get HJT to even install. Seemed like most everyone else posting knew what they were doing to a point, regardless, I will gleefully return to reading, (not taking any action) and increase my familiarity with the site. Thank you for a response My best to you regards Denise