This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hjt Won't Run On My Computer?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a windows XP computer. I installed HJT from this website to my desktop. When I run the program it asks if I want to open it. [click yes] The computer then asks what I would like to open the program with? Notepad MS Word… etc. I'm not sure whether its the HJT that didnt install itself or its something that I did wrong?
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine. Well done on getting an older version of HJT to run and posting a log on the malware removal forum. You have a number of undesirable elements present on your machine together with some configuration errors, so it would be best to wait for a response from a malware removal expert on the other forum. To expedite a response from a malware removal expert, resist the temptation (if you can!) to make a follow up post on that forum, as this will be flagged as a "reply" and might cause a malware removal expert to think that you were already being assisted by an expert colleague, (they tend to look for and deal with unanswered post first) The undesirable elements that may be present on your machine, could seriously compromise your security and I recommend you disconnect it from the Internet, and stop using it as a temporary measure until a malware removal expert responds. Use of an alternative machine is recommended for the time being. When your machine has been declared clean by the malware removal expert please post back here in this thread if you still have issues with it and we will do our best to help Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI