This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Also A First Timer With Hjt Log File

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a post open currently in another forum…I mistakenly posted the HJT log file in that forum and looks like I should not have done it. I'm having severe registry problems. Below is the HJT log file of the scan that I ran last night…Any help would surely be appreciated…can't start my computer in anything but safe mode with out the blue screen of death… Thanks again… Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 12:01:36 AM, on 4/23/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Dantz\RETROS~1\retrorun.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Dantz\RETROS~1\wdsvc.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MDM.EXE C:\Documents and Settings\Todd\Desktop\Imabunny.exe O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll O2 - BHO: YBIOCtrl Class - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file) O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MaxtorOneTouch] C:\PROGRA~1\Maxtor\OneTouch\Utils\OneTouch.exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MXO Auto Loader] C:\WINDOWS\MXOALDR.EXE O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WD Button Manager] WDBtnMgr.exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SetIcon] \Program Files\WDC\SetIcon.exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EEventManager] C:\Program Files\EPSON\Creativity Suite\Event Manager\EEventManager.exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe" O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue Registry Booster2] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster2\RegistryBooster.exe /S O4 - Startup: OCRAWARE.lnk = C:\OPLIMIT\OCRAWARE.EXE O4 - Global Startup: MICROSOFT OFFICE.LNK = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE O4 - Global Startup: RESOLUTION ASSISTANT.LNK = C:\Program Files\Dell\Resolution Assistant\MotiveAssistant\bin\matcli.exe O4 - Global Startup: UMAX VISTAACCESS.LNK = C:\VSTASCAN\vsaccess.exe O4 - Global Startup: WD Backup Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\My Book\WD Backup\uBBMonitor.exe O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SHDOCVW.DLL O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe O23 - Service: Retrospect Launcher (RetroLauncher) - Dantz Development Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Dantz\RETROS~1\retrorun.exe O23 - Service: Retrospect WD Service (RetroWDSvc) - Dantz Development Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Dantz\RETROS~1\wdsvc.exe O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe O23 - Service: wmp - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmp.exe" "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmp.cfg (file missing)
Figured that it would be helpful to provide a little background in addition to the log… The problem with my computer began a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what happened to initiate the problem, but I first noticed that I could no longer access the internet and presumed that I had been the victim of a backdoor trojan (I am an avid user of Azureus, a bittorrent program, to swap music found a popular and legal bt site). I was using Norton Antivirus as my primary antivirus software, and was about 2 weeks away from expiration. I started to notice some defects with my computer about the same time that I started to receive the pop ups generated by Norton that my subscription was about to expire. Some pop up errors started appearing that read "USBTip.exe" and "residence.exe" were a bad image and that mfc42.dll could not be found. I've run Hijackthis, SDFix, AVG75, and ATF Cleaner, etc. and believe that with one or more of these programs, I have inadvertantly screwed up my registry. I can only successfully run my computer in safe mode, and even then its not fool proof. The reason I know that my registry is screwed up is because I purchased Uniblue RegistryBooster and ran it, and it found in excess of 1,100 errors. I have several hundred more lurking in "User Software Settings" and "System Software Settings", but I can't run RegistryBooster in these areas without my computer entering into the "blue screen of death". The error reads something to the effect of paging file where no paging file exists (sorry, I'm not very technically savvy when it comes to the inner workings of computers). Anyway, so I'm desperate to fix this problem. Any advice that you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Nothing bad seen in your HJT log.

Have you tried using the F8 key and try Last Known Good?

As far as I can see you have two options.

1. Run System Restore and try to find a date when the pc worked.

2. You can use windows sfc (system file checker) You'd need your XP CD to make this work.
Click Start> Run> type sfc /scannow Note the space.
Thanks, LDTate. I tried to run the application but I am getting an error that reads: "Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files; the specific error code is 0x000006ba [The RPC server is unavailable]" Any ideas?
Try clicking on start, on run, keying in services.msc and clicking OK. When you get the services list, take a look and make sure you have two RPC entries and with the top one automatic and started and the next one manual and not started. Now try it.
Your post has been Moved, Closed or Edited for one of the following reasons:

1.) You posted multiple topics and only one is required

2.) You are spamming links to other places without approval

3.) You have posted your hijackthis log to the wrong forum:
( http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27 ) <— correct forum for HijackThis Logs

4.) Abusive language or other problems in your text

5.) Your log is too old (20 days or more) and no replies from you after a volunteer tried to help you

If you came here for help, and you have not posted a Hijackthis log to the proper forum, then you may do so now, if you came here to spam or abuse, you will be dealt with harsher on your next offense

This is a family oriented forum to help those that need help.

==============================


Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI