This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Corrupted and Unreadable Files

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am still having problems installing Norton 360 and I think it is stemming from this Live Update folder from Norton 2005 which I cannot delete because it tells me it is corrupted and unreadable. Is there a way to delete this file? I am ready to take a bat to my computer at this point since Symantec has not been able to help me

I am still having problems installing Norton 360 and I think it is stemming from this Live Update folder from Norton 2005 which I cannot delete because it tells me it is corrupted and unreadable. Is there a way to delete this file? I am ready to take a bat to my computer at this point since Symantec has not been able to help me


Hi and a Happy New Year to you Nutsy76,

Welcome to this great forum.

I suggest you read this site and maybe post a HJT LOG.

kind regards,

Yeah I did that too, but got no replies. I got rid of the files, I figured it out on my own.

Thanks,
Deanna


We are glad you found the answer to your problem yourself, well done. I could not locate your HJT log posting that you did not get a reply to. It is always good to post the thread here for us to see.

If you did not get an answer in five days there is this site to go to for help in the future.

The HJT Forum is extremely busy so sometimes the wait is hard for you, but worth it in the end.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI