This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Deleting Norton Systemworks Files

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

A while back in the clean up of my system, XP professional, I uninstalled Norton System Works. Recently I have really been trying to scrub the system due to years of accumulated junk. I noticed I still had a folder for Norton in the Program directory, which with 2 sub folders, contained Norton quarrentined files. I want to remove them from the system, but XP won't let me delete them. Played with the file properties and even tried Kill Box to delete on reboot, but no luck. Does anybody have some suggestions as to how to remove the files and directories???? Thanks Carl
Download and run the Norton Uninstall Tool, here:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen…005033108162039

Please note that the Norton instructions "presumes" that you will be "re-installing" their wonderful software.
Software publishers are like that.

But you can simply to the Uninstall part.

Best Regards
Thanks for the help, the tool removed some of the files but i still have some .tmp and .dll files in the directory that i cannot delete. Any other ideas??????? Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!! Carl
Will you please Type-Out the actual address thread for these troublesome .tmp and .dll files. If there are several, please type them all. We need to be able to see "where" they are, as well as "what" they are. Is it correct to believe that you no longer use Norton and that you are now using another AntiVirus product?
the path is: C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\Qurantine\ the files are: 0A8806F.tmp 1CA55DEC.tmp 4C0B73D1.tmp 05D022D8.tmp 7C920282.dll 7EE83555.tmp 7F9A0639.tmp 10FC4F1A.dll 12F41062.tmp 72A57FE2.tmp 124A0B92.tmp 00175D17.tmp 253C2F5F.dll 12590FE4.tmp 14971FF8.dll 48561E29.dll 375652CE.tmp Yes, no longer using Norton, I am currently using BitDefender Plus V10. THanks Carl
Reboot into SAFE Mode

Attempt to Delete the entire Folder (the bolded portion below)

C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\Qurantine\

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI