Hi! Question for someone! I have Norton Antivirus on my computer just from downloading it. I'm not sure what has happened, but whenever I go to open a window of any sort on my computer a box pops up saying "NOrton Antivirus 2006 does not support the repair feature. PLease uninstall and reinsall". When I have tried to uninstall NOrton it is unsucesful and tells me I cannot do it. WHile this isn't a crippling problem it is just very annoiying having to close the boxes before anything will open. Can anyone give me advice on how to remove Norton completely so I can replace it with something better?
Thanks
Smog
Hi Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Norton.
Symantec provide an uninstall tool that will completely uninstall your anti virus and a lot of other Norton products as well so please be sure to read the instructions before running the tool.
Tool and instructions available from here:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen…005033108162039
but, please do make sure you have an alternative, anti virus product, or your original Norton installation file handy before you uninstall.
Regards
paws