When I insert my wireless card the computer shuts down and reboots. It will continue to shut down and reboot until I disengage the card. Anybody have any clue what is going on here?
Hi,
Have you finished your work in the malware removal forums?
If so then I suggest you disable auto reboot so you can see the stop error and research it.
for Microsoft Windows XP
1. Click Start, and then right-click My Computer.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
4. Under System failure, click to clear the Automatically restart check box.
5. Click OK, and then click OK.
You may then consider, booting into safe mode via (F8) immediately after post and before Windows starts to load, uninstalling your wireless adapter card (through device manager) doing a reboot and then see if your machine will boot into normal mode without problems.
If OK, then reboot again and try a reinstall of your wireless network card drivers with a fresh copy.
Let us know how you go.
Regards
paws
Thanks for your response PAWs!
Don't know what the problem was but when I did the remove and reinstalled that took care of the problem. Took me a while to dig up the software disk.
Thanks again!