Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91704 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Wireless card reboots computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mercury64

Mercury64

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 03:00 PM

When I insert my wireless card the computer shuts down and reboots. It will continue to shut down and reboot until I disengage the card. Anybody have any clue what is going on here?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

Hi, Have you finished your work in the malware removal forums? If so then I suggest you disable auto reboot so you can see the stop error and research it. for Microsoft Windows XP 1. Click Start, and then right-click My Computer. 2. Click Properties. 3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery. 4. Under System failure, click to clear the Automatically restart check box. 5. Click OK, and then click OK. You may then consider, booting into safe mode via (F8) immediately after post and before Windows starts to load, uninstalling your wireless adapter card (through device manager) doing a reboot and then see if your machine will boot into normal mode without problems. If OK, then reboot again and try a reinstall of your wireless network card drivers with a fresh copy. Let us know how you go. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Mercury64

Mercury64

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for your response PAWs! Don't know what the problem was but when I did the remove and reinstalled that took care of the problem. Took me a while to dig up the software disk. Thanks again!

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:14 PM

Hi, That is good news, well done. Glad its working OK :thumbup: Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate