Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook 2000 keeps freezing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dswabes

dswabes

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:17 PM

My outlook keeps freezing after i open the program. No matter what i do (click on an e-mail, send/receive, open an new e-mail, etc.) it freezes. Can someone help me with this problem? :(

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

My outlook keeps freezing after i open the program. No matter what i do (click on an e-mail, send/receive, open an new e-mail, etc.) it freezes. Can someone help me with this problem? :(

Hi 'dswabes' ,

Sorry to see you are still having issues with your system. I note you have posted your HJT log in late November and Mr Charlie helped you to a successful conclusion.

Suggest you do the following and see how you go.

Backup/archive/copy

To be on the safe side I strongly recommend that before doing anything at all you check that your back up/archive/copy of all your important data, drivers, files, settings, work, etc is 100% up to date accurate and reproducible, (even if your back up is even only a day or so out of date, it's worth updating it now.)
Also don't forget to check that you have all your application Installation CD's to hand together with the product keys (including those for Windows itself)

Windows Protected System File Checker SFC

Start>Run
type:
sfc /scannow (note the space)
Have your Win XP installation disc handy as if damaged files are found they will need to be copied across from your disc, if SFC can't find correct copies elsewhere.

Windows XP Installation disc not available or wrong Service Pack ie SP1 when SP2 is needed

There are work- arounds to this problem but the easiest, by far is to borrow one and use that. It is perfectly OK to do this, for the purposes of running SFC,and if you ask around all your friends, you are likely to find someone who will be able to help you out.

SFC no disc, no friends able to help.
Well you will need to do it the harder way and as a registry edit will be required it is essential that you back up your registry before you do anything else. Then in the event of trouble it will be easier to repair your registry. Download ERUNT from here: (http://www.snapfiles.../get/erunt.html) and take a moment to familiarise yourself with the programme and how to repair your registry with it if it should become necessary. At the same time it would be wise to create a System Restore point, post back here if you need instructions on how to do this.

Kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 11 December 2007 - 06:12 PM.

#3 dswabes

dswabes

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:22 AM

Hello Tallin, Sorry ... I should have specified that this is my office computer, not my home computer. I figured out yesterday that my outlook.pst file went over 2gigs (i forgot to turn my auto archive back on). Right now i am copying my pst file before i truncate it then archive. Thanks for the reply ... i will post with an update. Thanks Dominik

#4 dswabes

dswabes

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:27 PM

Hello Tallin, I truncated my outlook.pst file, then repaired it. I tried to do an Archive to shrink the current size of my pst file but got the following error message: Error while archiving folder "Inbox" in store "Personal Folders". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. Error while archiving folder "Sent Items" in store "Personal Folders". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. Can you help with this? Thanks Dominik

#5 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

Hello Tallin,

I truncated my outlook.pst file, then repaired it. I tried to do an Archive to shrink the current size of my pst file but got the following error message:

Error while archiving folder "Inbox" in store "Personal Folders". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied.

Error while archiving folder "Sent Items" in store "Personal Folders". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied.

Can you help with this?

Thanks
Dominik

Hi Dominik,

Did you follow my first post?

Backup with the following site then follow my first post to you.

Here is a site to backup your Outlook

See if this helps you.

kind regards,