This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook won't close

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm running XP Professional and Microsoft Outlook 2002. The last couple of weeks I've noticed Outlook will not fully close. When I close it, it appears to close as normal. When opening task manager, it is not shown as running under the applications tab. However, there will be an occurrence under the processes tab for each time I've opened it. When I go to shut down the computer, I get a message that Outlooks needs to close and then that it's not responding. I have to have task manager shut down each occurrence before I can shut down my computer. I've run detect and repair without any success. Any suggestions you could offer would be appreciated.
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problem with Outlook not closing correctly. This also sometimes happens with Outlook Express as well as Microsoft Office Outlook and believe it or not sometimes corrects itself spontaneously after a few reboots, sometimes over a course of a few weeks. One stategy therefore is to folow the medics dictum of a "conservative wait and see approach" This will only work if your routine includes shutting down your machine when you have finished with it. It will not work if you are in the habit of running it for long periods without a reboot or usually Hibernate/Suspend, rather than shutdown. A more active approach after backing up your system, imprtant files, data and settings, making a sytem restore point, and if you are really prudent a complete disc image is to uninstall Outlook and then reinstall it from scratch. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI