Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer Problem, Pls. Help...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bagxter

bagxter

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:21 PM

When I try listening to music or watch video clips on the internet Explorer, I receive the following error message: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. After this it closes all open IE windows. I have tried to solve this issue with Microsoft and have tried everything possible from upgrading my IE 6.0 to the newer version 7.0. I even downloaded Mozilla and reinstalled Media player, but still no luck. So would anyone be kind enough the help me out with this issue. Tx.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:58 PM

In some cases you may need Macromedia Flash Player......... Update yours to the most current version.
In some cases you may need Java Runtime Environment ... Sun Microsystem has recently updated Java Runtime Environment.

I'd recommend fully uninstalling Java Runtime Environment prior to installing the new most recent version that you can get here:
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

Sometimes, videos and music require that the source website be listed in your IE Trusted Sites.
For instance if you are an SBC or ATT broadband subscriber and attempting to view/listen to songs and movie preview/trailers, you need at least *.launch.com and *.yming.com placed in your Trusted Sites.
Other websites may have other source websites for their media.
If you are having a problem on one website, but not on others, it's a pretty good bet that they require their source website to be placed into Trusted Sites.
Use their site problem-solving resouces in the My Account area of their webpage.

If none of the above helps then you may benefit from running Microsoft Updates and Microsoft IE repair... yes, even though you've recently installed the 7.0 beta version.

If you're still having problems, then run your Windows System File Checker to detect any missing or corrupt Operating System files. To run System File Checker...
Start - Run - (type) sfc /scannow

A DOS-like window will appear for a moment and then disappear and be replaced with a "progress bar" as SFC scans your Operating System for missing or corrupt files.
Have your Windows Installation CD handy in case SFC needs to copy a missing or corrupt file for placement back into your Operating System.

Let us know how you are progressing.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 bagxter

bagxter

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

Dough, Thank you so much for responding. Unfortunately none of your suggestions worked. I did also try to run System File Checker, but it's requesting to insert Win. XP CD, which I don’t have. I tried working around this by copying folder I386 from Sony system recovery CD to my herd drive, suggested by someone, but again that didn’t work either. FYI this problem is mostly caused when I try on line radio like Yahoo radio or Sirius on line radio... Thanks for your help once again and if you have any other suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

#4 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:33 AM

Bagxter, If SFC is calling for the installation CD, that indicates that it has found a corrupted System File that it is trying to replace with a correct copy. If your Sony is relatively new, you can contact Sony and request that they SEND you the Windows installation CD. The cost is generally about $9 for the CD. In the meantime, you can use "any" XP CD borrowed from friend or family, just as long as it is XP. (SFC does not call for Product Identification Code) Best Regards

#5 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:10 PM

FYI this problem is mostly caused when I try on line radio like Yahoo radio or Sirius on line radio...

You identify these two website addresses as the location where the problem is "mostly caused".

Does that mean that you are able to play media from other websites?
For instance, can you play news clips (mpg's) while online at abcnews.com /
Or music videos at yahoo.com?

If the problem "only" occurs at those two site you identified, and your browser works just fine playing media at other websites, then the problem may be specific to setting that Sirius and Yahoo Radio require.
If so, then investigate the My Account and Help pages at those websites.

Best Regards

#6 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

Sending a message to Sirius and/or Yahoo Radio's online help services might give you additional information. Something like: Why can't I hear music on your (Sirius or Yahoo) site? Expect a time lag for their responses. I've experienced next day responses, and sometimes "generic" replies during the samme day. Best Regards