This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] trojen dropper

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Norton antivirus detected a trojen dropper last week. I went to symantecs site and followed the directions to remove. I didabled system restore and went into safe mode and deleted the tempoary internet files. I did a new scan and it didn't show up. This morning i was doing a search and went to a site that wanted me to download something. I don't remember what it was, but I couldn't click out of the screen. I shut down aol in the windows task manager. Tonight I went to open a file on my desktop and a new folder appeared that had everything that was on my desktop. There was also a continuosu beeping from the computer. I started trying to delete things out of the folder and they also deleted off my delktop. When I clicked on the recycle bin, I got the same desktop folder. When I click pictures, documents, my compuer etc., I get the desktop foler. It contains folders from My computer as well as what was on the desktop. Right now things seem to be working but it takes a long time to boot up and I think there are things in the task manager that I don't recognize. I tried to do a system restore since I deleted things off the desktop that I needed, but I forgot to turn it back on when trying to remove the virus. Any suggestions? I have windows xp home edition with sp2. Let me know what other info and logs you need. Thanks Pctv

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI