Hi
I have bought a Creative Zen vplus mp3 etc player. The installation disc won't autoplay or load. It returns 'CTCDRun has encountered a problem and needs to close'. I use XP. Can anyone help?
Steeps
Hi and welcome.
Can you look at the data on the install CD using Windows Explorer or My Computer? If not then either the CD is defective or the CD-ROM has a problem.
Can you try it (the CD) in another computer, perhaps a friend or family member? You don't have to do the install, just see if it will Autostart or if you can look at it's content.
Hi
Thanks for replying. I cannot read the cd on my main computer in either the dvd writer or dvd player. I get the CTCDRun Error every time I try. However, other cd's work ok with autoplay and explorer in both drives. I have installed the program on my laptop ok and I can read the cd on my laptop ok. I hope this helps.
Thanks
Steeps
One suggestion you can try that works for me sometimes. If your laptop has a CD burner, make a copy of the CD, then try it on the desktop.
Another thing you can try is disconnect the DVD drive that is the slave, and make sure the one remaining is jumpered as Master and is attached to the last connector on the IDE cable. Also make sure both ends of the cable are firmly seated.
Also worth going into BIOS Setup and loading default settings as this has cleared up some weired CD problems for me.
The last suggestion I have is to delete the upper and lower filters in the registry. This is normally used when the CD/DVD drives don't show in My Computer but I'm hoping it may have a positive effect here.
Export the key for backup. Delete any value named UpperFilters or LowerFilters (Only exact match!). Reboot.
Actually, before mucking around in the registry, I would strongly urge you to download and install ERUNT
It's a great program that will make a full backup of your registry and can be setup during install to add a Startup entry so it runs every time you boot. If you ever have registry problems, you can restore a saved copy from a normal boot, Safe Mode or the Recovery Console.
Hi Rich
Thanks for the reply. I am going on vacation until 10 December and I haven't had time to sort this out. I will post again on my return when I have tried some of this. Thanks for the help.
Steeps
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI